Product Code: SR1018G53_Report
The Japan diabetes market reached a value of more than US$ 4 Billion in 2018, registering a CAGR of 4.4% during 2011-2018. The market is further projected to cross US$ 5 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2019-2024. Diabetes refers to a chronic disease in which the ability of a human body to produce and respond to insulin hormone becomes impaired. This results in abnormal metabolism of carbohydrates and elevated levels of glucose in the blood. In Japan, a large section of the population is over 60 years, an age when type-2 diabetes becomes more prevalent. Moreover, as the Japanese diet consists of a significant portion of refined carbohydrates, like white rice and noodles, it puts the population at a higher risk of developing and aggravating diabetes.
Japan Diabetes Market Drivers:
- With the growing influence of western cuisines, increasing working hours and declining domestic agricultural production, consumers are now relying on processed food products and fast-food like burger, taco, hotdog and pizza. As these food products are high in carbohydrates, sodium and preservatives, their rising consumption has increased the cases of diabetes in the country. The other factors that are contributing to the increasing cases of diabetes include growing obese population and sedentary lifestyles. However, to minimize the prevalence of diabetes in the country, the Government of Japan is undertaking several initiatives. For instance, it is offering health insurance to both the citizens and non-citizens residing for more than a year in Japan through their universal health care system.
Breakup by Segment:
- Oral Antidiabetics
- Currently, insulin represents the dominant segment, accounting for the majority of the total market share. Insulin in Japan is usually taken through pens, pumps, syringes and jet injectors as they offer convenience to the patients. Increasing diagnostic rates and awareness among patients are enabling them to incorporate insulin therapy for treating diabetes.
- the Competitive Landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with detailed profiles of key players operative in the industry.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan diabetes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the popular segments in the Japan diabetes market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan diabetes market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan diabetes market?
- What is the structure of the Japan diabetes market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan diabetes market?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Diabetes Disease Overview
- 5.1 What is Diabetes?
- 5.2 Diabetes Diagnosis and Treatment
- 5.2.1 Diagnosis
- 5.2.2 Treatment
- 5.3 Diabetes Complications
6 Japan Diabetes Epidemiology
- 6.1 Diabetes Population and Prevalence Rates
- 6.2 Population and Prevalence Rates by Diabetes Type (Type-1 and Type-2)
- 6.3 Population and Prevalence Rates by Region
- 6.4 Population and Prevalence Rates by Gender
- 6.5 Population and Prevalence Rates by Age Group
7 Japan Diabetes Market
- 7.1 Market Overview
- 7.2 Market Performance
- 7.3 Market Forecast
- 7.4 SWOT Analysis
- 7.4.1 Overview
- 7.4.2 Strengths
- 7.4.3 Weaknesses
- 7.4.4 Opportunities
- 7.4.5 Threats
- 7.5 Value Chain Analysis
- 7.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 7.6.1 Overview
- 7.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 7.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 7.6.4 Degree of Competition
- 7.6.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 7.6.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 7.7 Market Breakup by Segment
- 7.7.1 Japan Oral Antidiabetics Market
- 220.127.116.11 Historical Market Trends
- 18.104.22.168 Market Breakup by Class
- 22.214.171.124 Market Shares of Key Players
- 126.96.36.199 Market Forecast
- 7.7.2 Japan Insulin Market
- 188.8.131.52 Historical Market Trends
- 184.108.40.206 Market Breakup by Class
- 220.127.116.11 Market Shares of Key Players
- 18.104.22.168 Market Forecast
8 Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Competitive Structure
- 8.2 Profiles of Key Players