Product Code: SR1020C211_Report
The global takaful market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Takaful refers to a sharia-compliant insurance system through which members mutually contribute a sum of money, so as to support each other in case of a loss, damage or theft. The objective of takaful is to cooperate, live harmoniously amongst the community and protect each other against uncertain mishaps. The policyholders of takaful contributes regularly on monetary basis which are supervised and managed by a takaful management firm. Nonetheless, the surplus amount invested is then employed for making investments which are helpful for earning a higher profit for the policyholders. Looking forward, the global takaful market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Takaful Market Report
Global Takaful Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Takaful is rapidly gaining momentum, particularly in the Asia Pacific and the GCC region, owing to a large Muslim population. Muslims currently account for a fifth of the total global population and these levels are expected to further increase in the future.
- Another major driver of the market is that, in contrast to Western countries, the majority of the world's Muslim population is young with 60% of this entire population being less than 25 years of age. Catalysed by rising levels of affluence, this large young Muslim population has the potential to represent a customer base for a fairly long duration if it is captured early.
- The penetration of conventional insurance is relatively low in affluent Muslim regions like the GCC. As a result, Takaful is perceived as a key instrument to raise insurance awareness and has huge opportunities in these countries.
- Catalysed by factors such as an ethical investment policy, strong growth prospects and price competitiveness, Takaful represents a strong business proposition and has a significant share of non-Muslim customers as well.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global takaful market, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region and product type.
Product Type Insights:
- Based on product type, the market has been segmented as life/family takaful and general takaful. Currently, general takaful dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On a geographical front, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) enjoys a leading position in the global takaful market as the region has a very large and affluent Muslim population. Other regions include Southeast Asia, Africa and Others.
Some of the leading players operating in the global takaful market include:
- Islamic Insurance Company
- Standard Chartered
- Takaful Brunei Darussalam Sdn Bhd
- Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad
- Zurich Malaysia
- Takaful Malaysia
- Qatar Islamic Insurance Company
- This report provides a deep insight into the global takaful market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the takaful industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global takaful market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global takaful market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global takaful market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global takaful market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global takaful market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global takaful market?
- What is the structure of the global takaful market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global takaful market?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Takaful Market
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.6 Market Forecast
- 5.7 SWOT Analysis
- 5.7.1 Overview
- 5.7.2 Strengths
- 5.7.3 Weaknesses
- 5.7.4 Opportunities
- 5.7.5 Threats
- 5.8 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.9.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.9.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.9.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.9.6 Threat of Substitutes
6 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 6.1 Life/Family Takaful
- 6.1.1 Overview
- 6.1.2 Market Drivers
- 6.1.3 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 6.1.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.1.5 Market Forecast
- 6.2 General Takaful
- 6.2.1 Overview
- 6.2.2 Market Drivers
- 6.2.3 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 6.2.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.2.5 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Region
- 7.1 Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- 7.1.1 Overview
- 7.1.2 Market Drivers
- 7.1.3 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 7.1.4 Market Breakup by Country
- 7.1.5 Market Forecast
- 7.2 South East Asia
- 7.2.1 Overview
- 7.2.2 Market Drivers
- 7.2.3 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 7.2.4 Market Breakup by Country
- 7.2.5 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Africa
- 7.3.1 Overview
- 7.3.2 Market Drivers
- 7.3.3 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 7.3.4 Market Breakup by Country
- 7.3.5 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Others
8 Takaful Regulations
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Market Structure
- 9.2 Key Players
- 9.3 Profiles of Key Players
- 9.3.1 Islamic Insurance Company
- 9.3.2 JamaPunji
- 9.3.3 AMAN
- 9.3.4 Salama
- 9.3.5 Standard Chartered
- 9.3.6 Takaful Brunei Darussalam Sdn Bhd
- 9.3.7 Allianz
- 9.3.8 Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad
- 9.3.9 Zurich Malaysia
- 9.3.10 Takaful Malaysia
- 9.3.11 Qatar Islamic Insurance Company