Product Code: NZ245374
This IDC Insight looks at developments in the connectable homes market internationally and poses the following questions:
- Where do telecommunications retailers fit in?
- Will the new IoT world expand too quickly for telecommunications retailers to take advantage of?
- Are telcos destined to be the smart dumb pipe for this new world?
IDC identifies key trends for New Zealand telecommunications retailers to consider in taking advantage of the future service opportunities the IoT world offers.
Table of Contents
In This Insight
- Broadband Revenue Lines Under Pressure
- Stimulating Increased Demand
- Value-Adds: Not a New Challenge
- The IoT Opportunity for the Consumer Market
- Analysis of the Market
- iHome - Where Does the Telco Fit In?
- The Smart Fridge Ecosystem
- Telco Touch Points
- Potential Areas of Advantage for the Telco
- The Challenges of IoT and iHome Markets
- Market Analysis - Where Is the Market Headed?
- Market Developments
- Interest in the Connectable Home
- U.S. Telco Focus Areas and Implications for New Zealand
- The Home Network
- TV - Getting Smarter
- Home Automation and Security
- New Zealand Market: Home Automation
- Home Automation and Security: Professional Installation
- DIY Installation
- Sizing the New Zealand Market for Smart Home Security
- Focus on the Money
- Fibre and Being a First Mover
- Lack of Standards: A Good Thing... At the Moment
- Routers/Home Networking/Home Network Management
- Information Technology Capability and Opportunities in the Broader Ecosystems
List of Tables
- Table: Potential Addressable Market for Smart Home Security
List of Figures
- Figure: The Internet of Things Will Change Everything
- Figure: Connectable Devices: Submarkets
- Figure: The Connectable iHome
- Figure: Interest in Home Control and Automation Applications in the United States
- Figure: Most Important Attributes of a Home Control System in the United States
- Figure: Smart TV Ownership
- Figure: Comcast Xfinity Home Plans
- Figure: iHome Technology Layers