Product Code: GDHCHT258
Digital technologies are constantly evolving and finding new applications in healthcare. These tools can be used to track health, deliver therapeutic interventions, and contribute to research.
For many patients living with neurological conditions, treatment can be episodic and infrequent, leaving them vulnerable.
Digital health technologies provide opportunities to improve disease treatment and management for these patients, as well as being individualized to each person.
The wider digital health industry faces many challenges, particularly as tools struggle to gain reliable evidence of efficacy, hindering widespread adoption. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated innovation in digital health as patients and physicians look for alternatives to in-person care.
GlobalData forecasts that collaborations and investment will continue to drive this trend to support innovation and bring new solutions to market.
Furthermore, digital health tools will become increasingly focused on specific indications, such as neurology, where numerous healthtech companies are vying for market share. Additionally, pharma companies with therapy expertise will become more involved with digital health providers.
The report includes -
- Technologies covered: digital therapeutics, mHealth, wearables, digital biomarkers, telemedicine, and virtual and augmented reality.
- Indications included: mental/behaviour health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD, and addiction, as well as chronic neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, and epilepsy.
- A review of different trends impacting the digital health landscape in neurology, including healthcare, technology, regulatory, and macroeconomic.
- A value chain looking at each technology with examples of leading players and challengers.
- Industry analysis with deals analysis, including pharma partnerships and an analysis of funding deals by broad therapy area.
- A Pharma scorecard - the top 20 pharma companies operating in the CNS drug space (by 2020 GlobalData sales revenue) have been scored on their strength in each of the technologies using Deals, Clinical Trials, and Digital Marketing Intelligence (for apps).
- Case studies looking across the different technologies.
- Healthcare industry poll data, with opinions on which digital technologies are best suited for different neurology indications.
- Digital Pharma Influencer analysis across neurology.
Reasons to Buy
- Get an overview of what digital technologies are being used to treat and monitor patients and drive research in the neurology space.
- See which technologies are most suitable to different neurological conditions.
- Understand what healthtech companies are active in the space, with examples of leaders and challengers by technology, and what opportunities exist for partnerships to drive innovation and provide additional value to patient offerings
- Understand the competitive landscape with a review of pharma activity, including strategic partnerships and funding deals. See which companies are strong or weak in each technology with the Pharma scorecard.
- Understand industry perspectives on the value of digital health tools in neurology.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Technology Briefing
- Healthcare trends
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Value Chain
- Digital Therapeutics
- mHealth apps
- Digital Biomarkers
- On-Demand Telemedicine
- Industry Analysis
- Pharma Companies: Assessment of Digital Health Activity in Neurology
- Case Studies
- Healthcare Industry Polls
- Social Media Influencers
- Further Reading
- About the Authors
- Our Thematic Research Methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us