Product Code: GDCS0225RR
The global haircare sector was valued at US$92.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.23% during 2020-2025. The Americas was the largest market in the global haircare sector with value sales of US$38.9 billion, accounting for a value share of 42.2% in 2020. The Americas was also the second largest market in terms of volume with 5.9 billion units, in the same year. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Chile, Canada, the US, and Argentina were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large haircare sector size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels.
The top five companies in the American haircare sector accounted for a value share of 61.5% in 2020, of which Procter & Gamble held a share of 16.3%, with presence in all categories of the sector. It was followed by L'Oreal S.A. (15.2%), Coty, Inc. (12.9%), Unilever (12.1%), and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (5%). Private labels held a 1.1% value share of overall sales in the American haircare sector in 2020. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Americas haircare sector, with a value share of 45.3% in 2020. Rigid plastics was the most widely used pack material, accounting for 67.9% share in 2020.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas haircare sector, analyzing data from 22 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- High-potential Countries' Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various haircare by category across high-potential countries in the Americas region. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high potential countries.
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling haircare manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in the Americas region. It also provides a better understanding of how a certain manufacturer achieved success in the sector, and insights.
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Americas region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Americas haircare sector in 2020. It covers distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, parapharmacies/drugstores, convenience stores, e-retailers and others, which includes department stores, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, direct sellers, chemists/pharmacies, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers and other retailers.
- Packaging Analysis*: The report provides percentage share (in 2020) and growth analysis (during 2015-2025) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of haircare.
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to the Americas haircare sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail.
- This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: Market Environment
- Market size analysis - the Americas compared to other regions
- Value and volume growth analysis by region
- The Americas market growth analysis by country
- The Americas market growth analysis by category
Part 2: High-Potential Countries' Analysis
- Methodology- Identifying high potential countries
- Top four high-potential countries in the Americas
- Overview of high-potential countries in the Americas
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/4)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/4)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (3/4)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (4/4)
- Change in consumption levels by country and category
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
Part 3: Country Deep Dive
- Overview of Chilean haircare sector
- Key trends in Chilean haircare sector
- Overview of Canadian haircare sector
- Key trends in the Canadian haircare sector
- Overview of the US haircare sector
- Key trends in the US haircare sector
- Overview of Argentinian haircare sector
- Key trends in the Argentinian haircare sector
Part 4: Success Stories
- About case studies
- Case study: Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Shampoo and Conditioner by Unilever
- Case Study: Lush Length Leave In by SheaMoisture
- Case Study: Murumuru Butter & Rose Shampoo Bar by Love Beauty and Planet
Part 5: Competitive Environment
- Leading companies share in the Americas haircare sector
- Brand share analysis of top five companies
- Leading Companies in the Americas haircare sector
- Leading Brands in the Americas haircare sector
- Private label penetration in the Americas haircare sector
Part 6: Distribution Analysis
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
Part 7: Packaging Analysis
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
Part 8: Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges in the Americas haircare sector
- Future outlook of the Americas haircare sector
- About GlobalData