Product Code: GDTC0210IR
OTT video content service adoption has been gaining traction over the last several years. Despite solid growth, OTT video content did not put pressure over the traditional pay-TV industry which, in some mature markets, has started to generate some customer disconnections. This is the case in some Western European countries, where the increasing adoption of SVoD services has been negatively affecting the traditional pay-TV industry resulting in continuous net subscriber losses in recent years.
Despite the demand for SVoD services has been also been increasing in Central and Eastern Europe, particularly since the arrival of Netflix in 2016, SVoD adoption has not yet had a significant impact on the pay-TV market and we do not expect it will over the next five years.
OTT Video Content, Pricing and Market Opportunity in Europe - 2019' is a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData that offers a detailed analysis of the SVoD video market in Europe.
The report analyzes growth opportunities in the SVoD market, looking at the current state of play and examining the main growth drivers.
- OTT video content and pricing strategy: This section provides an analysis of key content trends and pricing strategies used by players in the region.
- SVoD forecast: This section examines more specifically the region's SVoD subscribers' market trends and forecast for Western and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Key findings and recommendations: A summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players, and regulators.
- The Western European market is more matured and developed than Central and Eastern counterpart. The adoption of SVoD services in WE and CEE has been accelerating over the last several years. The growth in the region will be supported by changing viewing habits and increasing the availability of local and localized content from a wide range of providers.
- The demand for SVoD services has been increasing rapidly in CEE over the last few years. We expect CEE SVoD market to continue to grow along with mobile and fixed broadband penetration and consumer preference evolves from a conventional linear pay-TV model towards the hybrid model, where consumption of linear content becomes less dominant.
- A number of partnerships between telcos and OTT providers took place in last several years. For example, Telefonica signed a global deal with Netflix to integrate it into Telefonica's OTT platform in Europe and Latin America.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in European market.
- The report investigates OTT video market and pay-TV trends, market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the European markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
Table of Contents
Section 1: OTT Video content & pricing strategies
- OTT video market context
- OTT video content trends
- OTT video pricing strategies
- OTT video partnerships
Section 2: SVoD forecast
- Europe in a global context
- Pay-TV service evolution in Europe
- SVoD trends in Western Europe
- SVoD trends in Central & Easter Europe
Section 3: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- Related research