Product Code: GDPE6295IDB
"India Thermal Power Analysis: Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2019" is the latest report from GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists that offer comprehensive information and understanding of the thermal power market in India.
The report analyzes the power market scenario in India(includes thermal, nuclear, large hydro, pumped storage and renewable energy sources) and provides future outlook with forecasts up to 2030. The research details thermal power market outlook in the country and provides forecasts up to 2030. The report highlights installed capacity and power generation trends from 2010 to 2030 in India thermal power market. A detailed coverage of energy policy framework governing the market with specific policies pertaining to thermal is provided in the report. The research also provides details of active thermal power plants in the country, upcoming thermal installation details and company profiles.
The report analyses India power market and India thermal power market. The scope of the research includes-
- A brief introduction on global carbon emissions and global primary energy consumption.
- Historical period is during 2010-2018 (unless specified) and forecast period is for 2019-2030.
- Power market scenario in India and provides detailed market overview, installed capacity and power generation trends by various fuel types (includes thermal, nuclear, large hydro and renewable energy sources) with forecasts up to 2030.
- Detailed overview of India thermal power market with installed capacity and generation trends, installed capacity by fuel type, net capacity addition by fuel type, owners share, and information on major active and upcoming projects.
- Key policies and regulatory framework supporting thermal power development.
- Company snapshots of some of the major market participants in the country.
Reasons to buy
- The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner.
- Identify key growth and investment opportunities in India thermal power market.
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data for thermal power market.
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry's growth potential.
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events.
- Identify key partners and business development avenues.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
- 1.1 List of Tables
- 1.2 List of Figures
- 2.1 Carbon Emissions, Global, 2001-2018
- 2.2 Primary Energy Consumption, Global, 2001-2040
- 2.3 Report Guidance
3 Power Market, India, 2010-2030
- 3.1 Power Market, India, Overview
- 3.2 Power Market, India, Installed Capacity, 2010-2030
- 3.2.1 Power Market, India, Cumulative Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, 2010-2030
- 3.2.2 Power Market, India, Share in Cumulative Installed Capacity Split by Source Type, 2018 and 2030
- 3.2.3 Power Market, India, Net Capacity Additions by Fuel Type, 2018 and 2030
- 3.2.4 Power Market, India, Comparison of Technologies Based on Installed Capacity, 2018-2030
- 3.3 Power Market, India, Power Generation, 2010-2030
- 3.3.1 Power Market, India, Power Generation by Fuel Type, 2010-2030
- 3.3.2 Power Market, India, Comparison of Technologies Based on Power Generation, 2018-2030
4 Thermal Power Market, India
- 4.1 Thermal Power Market, India, Installed Capacity, 2010 - 2030
- 4.1.1 Thermal Power Market, India, Cumulative Installed Capacity Split by Technology, 2010-2030
- 4.2 Thermal Power Market, India, Power Generation, 2010 - 2030
- 4.3 Thermal Power Market, India, Market Size, 2010-2025
- 4.4 Thermal Power Market, India, Project Based Analysis, 2018
- 4.4.1 Coal Power Market, India, Top 10 Operational Thermal Power Plants
- 4.4.2 Coal Power Market, India, Key Under-construction Projects, 2018
- 4.4.3 Oil Power Market, India, Top 10 Operational Thermal Power Plants, 2018
- 4.4.4 Gas Power Market, India, Top 10 Operational Thermal Power Plants, 2018
- 4.4.5 Gas Power Market, India, Key Under-construction Projects, 2018
- 4.5 Thermal Power Market, India, Deal Analysis, 2018
- 4.5.1 Thermal Power Market, India, Deal Volume vs. Deal Value, 2010-2018
- 4.5.2 Thermal Power Market, India, Split by Deal Type, 2018
5 Regulatory Framework, India
- 5.1 Electricity Act of 2003
- 5.2 National Action Plan on Climate Change
- 5.2.1 State Action Plan on Climate Change (SAPCC)
- 5.3 Amendments in National Tariff Policy
- 5.4 Amendments in National Wind-Solar Policy
- 5.5 Renewable Energy Certificates
- 5.6 Cross border Trade of Electricity, 2019
- 5.7 Memorandum-"Make in India" for Local Content in Renewable Energy Products
- 5.8 Memorandum-Quality of Solar Modules
- 5.9 National Wind-Solar Hybrid Policy
- 5.10 Interstate transmission network System (ISTS)-connected wind-solar hybrid power projects
- 5.11 Green Energy Corridor
- 5.12 Extension on Waiver of Inter-State Transmission Charges for Wind and Solar Projects
- 5.13 Renewable Energy Targets
- 5.14 Central Financial Assistance for renewable Energy Projects
- 5.15 Renewable Energy Auctions
- 5.16 Feed-in-Tariffs
- 5.16.1 Small Hydro
- 5.16.2 Bioenergy
- 5.16.3 Solar Power
- 5.16.4 Wind Power
- 5.17 Support for Solar Power
- 5.17.1 Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission
- 5.17.2 Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects
- 5.17.3 Loan for Installation of Grid Interactive Rooftop Solar PV Plants
- 5.17.4 Customs and Excise Duty Exemption for Grid-connected Roof-top Solar PV Systems
- 5.17.5 New Portal for Solar Developers
- 5.17.6 Phase-II, Grid-connected rooftop solar program
- 5.17.7 Net-metering
- 5.17.8 Amendments in Competitive Bidding Guidelines
- 5.17.9 Grid-scale battery energy storage system
- 5.17.10 Safeguard Duty on Import of Solar Cells and Modules
- 5.17.11 Delhi Solar Policy 2016-2020
- 5.17.12 Property tax exemption under the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Vahini Yojana (MSKVY), Maharashtra
- 5.17.13 Suryashakti Kisan Yojana (SKY), Gujarat
- 5.17.14 New Solar Roof-Top Policy, Karnataka, 2018-19
- 5.17.15 Exemption from CEIG Clearance for Solar Rooftop Project, Karnataka
- 5.18 Support for Wind Power
- 5.18.1 Generation-Based Incentive (GBI) for Grid Connected Wind Power Projects
- 5.18.2 Accelerated Depreciation for Wind Power Projects
- 5.18.3 Wind Repowering Policy
- 5.18.4 Draft Offshore Wind Energy Lease Rules, 2019
- 5.19 Support for Bio-power
- 5.19.1 Biomass Power and Bagasse Co-generation Program
- 5.19.2 Scheme to Support Biomass-Based Cogeneration in Sugar Mills and other Industries
- 5.19.3 Central Financial Assistance for Biomass Power Projects
- 5.19.4 Program on Energy from Urban, Industrial, and Agricultural Wastes/Residues, 2017-2020
- 5.19.5 National Biofuel Policy, 2018
- 5.19.6 Ethanol Blended Petrol Program (EBP)
- 5.20 Support for Small Hydropower
- 5.20.1 Small Hydropower Mission
- 5.20.2 Financial Support to support SHP
- 5.20.3 Proposal to waive off cess and taxes for small hydropower
6 Thermal Power Market, India, Company Profiles
- 6.1 Company Snapshot: Torrent Power Generation Ltd.
- 6.1.1 Torrent Power Generation Ltd. - Company Overview
- 6.1.2 Torrent Power Generation Ltd. - Head Office
- 6.2 Company Snapshot: Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt Ltd
- 6.2.1 Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt Ltd - Company Overview
- 6.2.2 Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt Ltd - Major Products and Services
- 6.2.3 Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt Ltd - Head Office
- 6.3 Company Snapshot: Mahagenco
- 6.3.1 Mahagenco - Company Overview
- 6.3.2 Mahagenco - Business Description
- 6.3.3 Mahagenco - SWOT Analysis
- 6.3.4 Mahagenco - Major Products and Services
- 6.3.5 Mahagenco - Head Office
- 6.4 Company Snapshot: Jindal Power Limited
- 6.4.1 Jindal Power Limited - Company Overview
- 6.4.2 Jindal Power Limited - Head Office
- 6.5 Company Snapshot: Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited
- 6.5.1 Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited - Company Overview
- 6.5.2 Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited - Head Office
- 6.6 Company Snapshot: Adani Power Limited
- 6.6.1 Adani Power Limited - Company Overview
- 6.6.2 Adani Power Limited - Business Description
- 6.6.3 Adani Power Limited - SWOT Analysis
- 6.6.4 Adani Power Limited - Major Products and Services
- 6.6.5 Adani Power Limited - Head Office