Product Code: GDTT0185MI
This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destniantion market, in this case North America.
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for North America as a destination market.
- The USA is the most developed destination within North America receiving 18.5 million Mexicans and 22.9 million Canadians in 2018.
- Over half of all trips taken by Americans (55%) and Mexicans (51%), and almost half by Canadians (48%), are typically taken for visiting friends and family according to GlobalData's consumer survey Q4 (2018). Mexican travelers rely mostly on recommendations from friends and family (57%).
- Each destination within North America holds a different stage of tourism development affecting the risk scores associated. Within the US the most critical risk zone looks at the political environment scoring 26.4 although there are rising tensions with Trump's administration.
Reasons to buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in popular, well-established and upcoming tourist destinations.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
- Key Trends
- New Developments
- New Projects
- New International Flights
- Types of Tourism
- Backpacking Travel
- Gastronomy Tourism
- Destination focus
- USA: The Tourism Industry
- Canada: The Tourism Industry
- Mexico: The Tourism Industry
- Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
- Regional Risk
- SWOT Analysis