Product Code: GDAU-TR-S005
This report focuses on solid-state batteries. This emerging field of energy-storage devices seeks to replace the potentially volatile liquid electrolyte in today's lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries with more stable solid materials.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our "thematic engine". About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's "thematic engine" help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- VALUE CHAIN
- COMPANIES SECTION
- POTENTIAL PITFALLS OF SOLID-STATE BATTERY INVESTMENT
- The dangers of investing in unproven technology are shown by the story of Sakti3
- APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY