Product Code: GDCS0126RR
The Eastern Europe make-up sector accounted for a share of 5.6% in the global make-up market in 2018. The regional sector was valued at US$2,848.9 million in 2018, and is forecast to record growth at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2018-2023. Russia held the highest value share in Eastern Europe, accounting for 42.4% of the market in 2018, followed by Poland with a value share of 16.6%. Romania is expected to witness the fastest growth in value terms at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2018-2023.
The make-up sector in Eastern Europe is led by lip make-up with sales of US$947.1 million in 2018, translating into a share of 33.2% of the regional market value. The nail make-up category is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 4.4% in the region during 2018-2023. Lip make-up also leads the volume sales with 176.8 million units, translating into a share of 33.6% in 2018.
Turkey, Poland, Romania, and Russia were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large make-up market size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. Russia was the largest market in terms of both value and volume sales in 2018. The overall make-up market in the Eastern Europe region is partially consolidated, with the top five brands - Avon, Maybelline, Oriflame, L'Oreal Paris, and Max Factor - accounting for 39.1% of overall value sales in 2018.
Health & beauty stores, as a distribution channel, with a value share of 24.7%, are the leading distribution channel in the Eastern Europe make-up sector in 2018, followed by hypermarkets & supermarkets with a 16% share. As for packaging formats, rigid plastics, with a volume share of 77.6%, accounted for the largest share of pack materials used in the Eastern Europe make-up sector in 2018.
The report "Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Make-Up Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the make-up sector in the region.
Companies market: L'oreal S.A, Coty Inc., Avon Products, Inc., Oriflame Cosmetics S.A., Yves Rocher International, Chanel S.A., LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Mary Kay, Inc., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Vivienne Cosmetics AG
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the make-up sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for meat across the key countries in the region, in 2018. It covers these distribution channels - health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, convenience stores, department stores and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and vending machines and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of make-up products.
Reasons to buy:
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - Eastern Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in the Eastern Europe
- High-potential countries
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Eastern Europe)
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of make-up compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and make-up category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
- Make-up in Eastern Europe: case studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand share analysis in the make-up sector
- Leading companies in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
- Leading brands in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
- Private label penetration in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
8. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook