Product Code: GDHCHT021
Investment in Microbiome therapeutics is low across all therapy areas, but the infectious disease and gastrointestinal spaces are bringing in the highest levels of investment at 2.7 on a five-point scale. Identifying the mechanism of action was indicated by 27% of respondents as the most challenging aspect of developing Microbiome therapeutics. Also it is anticipated that the regulatory bodies may require drug developers to demonstrate the mechanisms of action of Microbiome therapeutics in order to gain regulatory approval.
Microbiome therapeutics was defined to include both live biotherapeutic products and products targeting the microbiome, excluding over the counter probiotics. As indicated, drug developers will face the challenge of manufacturing microbiome therapeutics using a cost-effective and scalable process that is consistent from batch to batch. Respondents indicated manufacturing (including consistency of strain) will be the most challenging aspect of launching microbiome therapeutics.
The report "The State of the Microbiome", provides an assessment of how the pharmaceutical industry perceives the state of the Microbiome, including the challenges associated with developing, launching, and manufacturing Microbiome therapeutics as well as where opportunity remains to invest in the Microbiome space.
The report is built on analyst expertise on the results of a 10 minutes survey of 158 Pharmaceuticals participants which was fielded from December 20, 2018 to January 7, 2019. Participants answered questions about the challenges they anticipate to impact the development, launch, manufacturing of Microbiome therapeutics.
- Microbiome investment - determine level of activity and investment in the development of microbiome therapeutics by therapy area
- Identify the challenges associated with
- Developing microbiome therapeutics
- Launching microbiome therapeutics
- Manufacturing microbiome therapeutics.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your corporate strategies in the microbiome space by understanding the challenges associated with developing, launching and manufacturing microbiome therapeutics.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the challenges associated with identifying and meeting regulatory requirments for the approval of microbiome therapeutics.
- Identify where the opportunity remains to invest in the development of microbiome therapeutics.
Table of Contents
1 Study Design
- 1.1 Background, Objectives, and Design
- 1.2 Respondent Mix - Geography
- 1.3 Respondent Mix - Seniority Level and Company Size
2 Executive Summary
3 Microbiome Investment
- 3.1 Gastroenterology and Infectious Disease Mark the Most Active Therapy Areas
- 3.2 Infectious Disease and Gastroenterology Most Highly Invested Therapy Areas
- 3.3 A Closer Look at the Microbiome Pipeline
- 3.4 Microbiome Pipeline Targeting Gastrointestinal Indications and Infectious Diseases
- 3.5 A Closer Look at the Microbiome Pipeline Targeting Gastrointestinal Indications
- 3.6 A Closer Look at the Microbiome Pipeline Targeting Infectious Diseases
4 Challenges with Developing Microbiome Therapeutics
- 4.1 Identifying the Mechanism of Action Seen as a Major Challenge
- 4.2 Identifying the Mechanism of Action Is Seen as the Most Challenging Factor
- 4.3 A Closer Look by Seniority Level
5 Challenges with Launching Microbiome Therapeutics
- 5.1 Manufacturing Identified as a Major Challenge
- 5.2 Manufacturing Identified As the Most Challenging Factor
- 5.3 A Closer Look by Seniority Level
6 Challenges with Manufacturing Microbiome Therapeutics
- 6.1 Dose Formulation Is a Major Challenge
7 Key Findings and Recommendations
- 7.1 Summary of Key Findings
- 7.2 Recommendations
- 8.1 Related Reports
- 8.2 Abbreviations
- 8.3 Primary Research
- 8.4 About the Authors
- 8.5 About Thematic Research
- 8.6 About GlobalData
- 8.7 Contact Us
- 8.8 Disclaimer