Product Code: GDCS0170RR
The Western Europe's savory & deli sector was valued at US$ 49,346.8 million in 2018 and is forecast to be the second fastest growing region in both value and volume terms during 2018-2023, driven by rising disposable incomes. Of all the high potential countries in the region, Italy is the largest market followed by France and Belgium. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, followed by convenience stores. Ginsters, Salumificio Fratelli Beretta S.P.A., Agrial S.A., Great Italian Sausage Spa, and Sigma Alimentos are the leading brands in the Western Europe's savory & deli sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe savory & deli sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe savory & deli sector, analyzing data from nine countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of savory & deli by categories across the key countries in Western Europe.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across Eastern Europe based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends, supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall savory & deli sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of savory & deli products in Eastern Europe, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering savory & deli with Health and Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in Western Europe, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for savory & deli across the key countries in Western Europe, in 2018. It covers six distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and others which includes eRetailers and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of savory & deli.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (region analysis)
- Market size in context - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in Western Europe
- High-potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high-potential countries - Methodology
- Identifying high-potential countries - Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in Western Europe )
- High-potential countries in Western Europe - Overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of savory & deli compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles (high-potential countries in Western Europe )
- Belgium France Italy Switzerland
6. Success stories 7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand Share analysis in the savory & deli sector Top companies in Western Europe savory & deli
- Top brands in Western Europe savory snacks Private Label penetration in the savory & deli sector
8. Health & Wellness Analysis
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Overview
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Growth contribution by country
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading Distribution Channels by countries
- Leading Distribution Channels by categories
10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key Challenges Future Outlook
14. About GlobalData