Product Code: CS0112RR
Western Europe accounted for a 20% value share in the global SDS sector in 2017, and is expected to grow from US$21,517.2 million in 2017 to US$27,169.5 million in 2022, registering a CAGR of 4.8%. Rising consumer demand for convenient products such as wet cooking sauces and tomato pastes and purees that reduce cooking time, and growing interest in ethnic flavors such as Thai, Indian and Mexican, are driving growth in the sector. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain and Austria were shortlisted as high potential countries, primarily due to the large SDS sector value, projected high value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. Among the shortlisted high potential countries, Spain is the largest market with US$2,146.6 million value sales in 2017, followed by the Netherlands and Austria.
Wet cooking sauces is the largest market, accounting for 21.9% of the overall SDS value sales in 2017. The category is expected to grow from US$4,715.4 million in 2017 to US$5,540.5 million in 2022, at a CAGR 3.3%. Condiment sauces is the second largest market, with value sales of US$3,145.6 million in 2017, followed by herbs, spices & seasonings, and dressings. The value of seasonings, dressings & sauces with health & wellness attributes stood at US$1,000.8 million (4.7% of the overall SDS sector) in 2017 and is forecast to reach US$1,404.6 million in 2022, at a CAGR of 7.0%.
The Western Europe SDS sector is fragmented with the top five brands - Knorr, Heinz, Maggi, Kunhe, and Hellman's - accounting for 18.3% of overall value sales in 2017. Meanwhile, private labels held a 15.9% share of overall value sales in the same year.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the Western Europe SDS sector. In 2017, the channel accounted for 65.8% of overall value sales. Glass was the most commonly used pack material in the Western Europe SDS sector, with a 44.8% market share in 2017, while jar was the most popular container type used, accounting for a 33.5% share in the same year.
The report "Opportunities in the Western Europe Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's SDS sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: Unilever, The Kraft Heinz Co, Nestle SA, Mars, Incorporated, Premier Foods plc, Orkla Group, McCormick, Carl Kuhne KG (GmbH & Co.) and Barilla.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Convenience Stores, Dollar Stores" and E-retailers and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and vending machines and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by market
3. Identifying high potential countries in Western Europe
- High potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis
- High potential countries in Western Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of seasonings, dressings & sauces compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and SDS sectors
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- The Netherlands
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the Western Europe SDS sector
- Leading companies in Western Europe SDS sector
- Leading brands in the Western Europe SDS sector
- Private label penetration in the Western Europe SDS sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - overview
- Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Products meeting consumers' health & wellness needs
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by markets
10. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key packaging material and container type
- Growth analysis by closure type and outers
11. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook