Product Code: GDCS0125RR
The Asia-Pacific make-up sector, valued at US$15,284.5 million in 2018, is forecast to reach US$21,663.5 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during 2018-2023. The Asia-Pacific represented the second-largest market for make-up products, followed by Americas. Per capita consumption of make-up products in the region stood at 0.3 units in 2017, while per capita expenditure stood at US$4.5 in the same year. The face make-up category held the largest value share of 50.5% in 2018, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 7.2% during 2018-2023. Lip make-up, the second largest category, registered total value sales of US$4,258.2 million in 2018.
A considerable number of consumers in Asia-Pacific enjoy high disposable incomes and lead busy lifestyles by virtue of high urbanization in the region. Among the high potential countries, China was the largest make-up market (US$4,263.9 million), and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.4% during 2018-2023. The top five brands in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector held a value share of 27.5% in 2018. Maybelline led the sector, with 8.8% share in 2018, followed by Shiseido (7.9%), Kanebo (5.1%), L'Oreal Paris (3.5%), and M.A.C (2.2%). Private label accounted for a share of 1.4% in the same year.
Department stores was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific make-up market, with a total value share of 21.5% in 2018, followed by health & beauty stores with a 17.2% share. As for packaging formats, rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of pack material in the Asia-Pacific make-up sector, with a volume share of 75.3% in 2018. Among the key pack types used in the make-up sector, specialty container accounted for a share of 83.5%, whereas screw top was the most commonly used closure type, with 11.5% volume share during 2018.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Make-Up Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: L'Oreal S.A.; Shiseido Company, Limited; Kao; Amorepacific Corporation; The Estee Lauder Companies Inc; LG Corp; LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton; Coty, Inc.; Revlon, Inc.; KOSE Corporation
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific make-up sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of sector size and value and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for make-up across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2018. It covers the following distribution channels: department stores, health & beauty stores , hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers , parapharmacies/drugstores, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers", convenience stores, chemists/pharmacies, direct sellers and others
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2011-2023) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of make-up.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market Size Analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth Analysis by category
3. Countries in Asia-Pacific
- High potential countries in Asia-Pacific
- Identifying high countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (countries in Asia-Pacific)
- High-potential countries in Asia-Pacific - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/2)
- growth contribution analysis by country (2/2)
- share of make-up compared to other cosmetics & toiletries sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and make-up categories
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
6. Success stories
- Make-up in Asia-Pacific: Case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the make-up sector
- Leading companies in Asia-Pacific make-up
- Leading brands in Asia-Pacific make-up
- Private label penetration in the make-up sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook