Product Code: GDHC041SP
"Digital Landscape: Psoriasis", analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharmaceutical manufacturers in support of therapies for moderate-to-severe psoriasis (PsO).
The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs.
The geographic scope of the report is the United States, EUCAN(Canada and the 5EU countries - -UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain).
- US Patients: Strong PsO support for US patients, particularly from AbbVie, Novartis and LEO Pharma; Janssen was most active in 2017, with new branded and unbranded offerings featuring prominent patient advocates; Valeant and Sun Pharma entered the space for the first time. Opportunities exist for a well-integrated unbranded campaign, linked to social media and a mobile app.
- US HCPs: Majority of US HCP support in PsO is in the branded space; brand activity seen from Janssen and Valeant following FDA approval of new products in PsO in 2017, and AbbVie updated resources to assist with Humira prescription. Unbranded and mobile app landscapes are sparse; opportunities may exist to develop or sponsor content with trusted non-pharma organizations; social media activity restricted to corporate accounts, with examples of HCP-specific accounts seen in other diseases.
- EUCAN Patients: EUCAN PsO patients receive good unbranded, social media and mobile app support, particularly from AbbVie, LEO Pharma and Novartis. High unbranded activity seen in 2017, particularly from Novartis, with many new offerings seen in Spain from a number of companies; new local Facebook accounts seen from Novartis and Janssen. Novartis and LEO Pharma provide local-language mobile apps across EUCAN, with Novartis' apps the most successful overall.
- EUCAN HCPs: Lack of pharma support available to EUCAN HCPs beyond brand sites; new brand offerings seen in Spain from Lilly and LEO Pharma. Unbranded support is weak, with few HCP-specific sites detected; few strong mobile apps for HCPs, with most seen in Spain. Partnerships with non-pharma organizations may offer more effective opportunities to engage with and support HCPs.
- Companies Mentioned, AbbVie, Novartis, LEO Pharma, Janssen, Amgen, Celgene, Eli Lilly, Valeant, MSD / Merck, Pfizer, Sandoz, Almirall, Sun Pharma.
- This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for therapies for moderate-to-severe psoriasis (PsO).
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
- The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of GlobalData's digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
- This report covers the research period from January - December 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of pharma multichannel activity in the digital PsO space, and can assist our pharma clients derive value in a number of ways:
- Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in PsO
- Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
- Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
- Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in PsO and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in PsO.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Recent Developments
- Landscape & Analysis
- US: Patient-directed Activities
- US HCP-directed Activities
- EUCAN Patient-directed Activities
- EUCAN HCP-directed Activities