Product Code: GDPE1053EMR
The global reliance on fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and nuclear power for electricity generation has left the world with a legacy of global warming, oil spills, and severe environmental damage. This situation has also created price fluctuations, contributed to increasing electricity rates and has threatened the reliability of the electricity due to supply shocks. On the other hand, renewable energy presents a suitable economic choice for electricity generation, due to declining prices and ease of technology accessibility.
With the focus shifting toward renewable energy, the wind power sector has been witnessing tremendous growth opportunities and is expected to hold a share of 10.12% in the global cumulative energy matrix by 2022, increasing by 2% from 2017. The global market installed 47.09 gigawatts (GW) of onshore wind turbines in 2017 and is expected to install 50.99 GW in 2022.
Some of the major drivers for global wind turbines market include renewable energy auctions, growing concern about environmental impacts, increasing global electricity demand, supportive government policies, feed-in tariffs (FiTs) and other financial incentives, growing wind turbine sizes, economies of scale through increased project size, and declining operations and maintenance costs.
In 2017, China accounted for 39.06% of the onshore installed wind turbines followed by the US and Germany, respectively. Europe dominated the offshore sector attaining 57% of the market, largely driven by the UK and German markets. Growing investment by various energy industry players has boosted local economies, by creating employment opportunities while safeguarding the environment. Moreover, local, state, and national governments have imposed various policies supporting the wind power sector.
However, challenges such as regulatory uncertainty and geopolitical conflicts, technological challenges and underdeveloped grid infrastructure, shortage of skilled workforces, and resistance from local communities continue to hinder market growth.
"Wind Turbines, Update 2018 - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape, Key Country Analysis and Forecast to 2022", report offers comprehensive information and understanding of the global wind turbines market. The report offers in-depth analysis of wind turbine market at global, regional (Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa) and key countries (China, the US, India, Germany, UK, France, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Canada and South Africa) level.
The report analyzes the wind turbine market value and volume for the historical (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) period. The report covers the global drivers and restraints affecting the wind turbines market, country-wise annual capacity additions and market value. The report also provides detailed information about key policies and regulatory environment, key projects, and the competitive landscape for respective countries in 2017.
The report analyzes wind turbines market. Its scope includes -
- Analysis of the growth of wind turbines market with a focus on market value and volume in global and regional level including Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- The report provides wind turbines market analysis for key countries including China, the US, India, Germany, UK, France, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Canada and South Africa.
- The report offers country level wind turbines market size analysis with respect to market value and volume for the historical (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) period.
- It provides competitive landscape at country level for the year 2017 and profiles of major players in wind turbines market.
- Global drivers and restraints along with their impact on wind turbines market, annual additions, market value, key policies and regulatory environment, and key projects are also discussed.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Facilitate decision-making by analyzing historical and forecast data on wind turbines market.
- Develop strategies based on developments in the wind turbines market.
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues, based on an understanding of the activities of the major competitors in the wind turbines market.
- Respond to your competitors' business structure, strategies and prospects.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
- 1.1 List of Tables 5
- 1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Executive Summary 11
- 2.1 Global Wind Turbines Market Expected to Witness Aggregate Onshore Installations of 260.18 GW between 2018 and 2022 11
- 2.2 UK, Germany, and China Set to Remain as the Key Countries for Offshore Wind Turbines until 2022 after Having Robust Year in 2017 12
3 Introduction 15
- 3.1 Wind Turbine Definition 15
- 3.2 Wind Turbine Classification 15
- 3.3 Wind Turbines, Value Chain 17
- 3.4 Wind Turbines, Key Components 18
- 3.5 Wind Turbines, Cost-Component Analysis, 2017 20
- 3.6 Wind Turbines, Supply Chain 21
- 3.7 Wind Turbines, Marget Segmentation 22
- 3.8 GlobalData Report Guidance 23
4 Wind Turbines, Global 24
- 4.1 Wind Turbines, Global, Market Overview 24
- 4.2 Wind Turbines, Global, Market Drivers and Restraints 26
- 4.3 Wind Turbines, Global, Market Size Analysis 30
5 Wind Turbines, Regional Analysis 39
- 5.1 Wind Turbines, Regional Market Volume Analysis 39
- 5.2 Wind Turbines, Regional Market Value Analysis 40
6 Wind Turbines, China 41
- 6.1 Wind Turbines, China, Power Market Overview 41
- 6.2 Wind Turbines, China, Policy and Regulatory Environment 42
- 6.3 Wind Turbines, China, Market Size Analysis 46
- 6.4 Wind Turbines, China, Key Projects 51
- 6.5 Wind Turbines, China, Competitive Landscape 53
7 Wind Turbines, US 62
- 7.1 Wind Turbines, US, Market Overview 62
- 7.2 Wind Turbines, US, Policy and Regulatory Environment 65
- 7.3 Wind Turbines, US, Market Size Analysis 75
- 7.4 Wind Turbines, US, Key Projects 81
- 7.5 Wind Turbines, US, Competitive Landscape 82
8 Wind Turbines, India 91
- 8.1 Wind Turbines, India, Power Market Overview 91
- 8.2 Wind Turbines, India, Policy and Regulatory Environment 92
- 8.3 Wind Turbines, India, Market Size Analysis 96
- 8.4 Wind Turbines, India, Key Projects 102
- 8.5 Wind Turbines, India, Competitive Landscape 103
9 Wind Turbines, Germany 109
- 9.1 Wind Turbines, Germany, Market Overview 109
- 9.2 Wind Turbines, Germany, Policy and Regulatory Environment 110
- 9.3 Wind Turbines, Germany, Market Size Analysis 116
- 9.4 Wind Turbines, Germany, Key Projects 122
- 9.5 Wind Turbines, Germany, Competitive Landscape 123
10 Wind Turbines, UK 131
- 10.1 Wind Turbines, UK, Market Overview 131
- 10.2 Wind Turbines, UK, Policy and Regulatory Environment 132
- 10.3 Wind Turbines, UK, Market Size Analysis 141
- 10.4 Wind Turbines, UK, Key Projects 146
- 10.5 Wind Turbines, UK, Competitive Landscape 147
11 Wind Turbines, France 156
- 11.1 Wind Turbines, France, Market Overview 156
- 11.2 Wind Turbines, France, Policy and Regulatory Environment 158
- 11.3 Wind Turbines, France, Market Size Analysis 161
- 11.4 Wind Turbines, France, Key Projects 166
- 11.5 Wind Turbines, France, Competitive Landscape 168
12 Wind Turbines, Brazil 176
- 12.1 Wind Turbines, Brazil, Market Overview 176
- 12.2 Wind Turbines, Brazil, Policy and Regulatory Environment 177
- 12.3 Wind Turbines, Brazil, Market Size Analysis 182
- 12.4 Wind Turbines, Brazil, Key Projects 187
- 12.5 Wind Turbines, Brazil, Competitive Landscape 188
13 Wind Turbines, Mexico 194
- 13.1 Wind Turbines, Mexico, Market Overview 194
- 13.2 Wind Turbines, Mexico, Policy and Regulatory Environment 195
- 13.3 Wind Turbines, Mexico, Market Size Analysis 199
- 13.4 Wind Turbines, Mexico, Key Projects 204
- 13.5 Wind Turbines, Mexico, Competitive Landscape 205
14 Wind Turbines, Turkey 211
- 14.1 Wind Turbines, Turkey, Market Overview 211
- 14.2 Wind Turbines, Turkey, Policy and Regulatory Environment 213
- 14.3 Wind Turbines, Turkey, Market Size Analysis 217
- 14.4 Wind Turbines, Turkey, Key Projects 223
- 14.5 Wind Turbines, Turkey, Competitive Landscape 224
15 Wind Turbines, Canada 231
- 15.1 Wind Turbines, Canada, Market Overview 231
- 15.2 Wind Turbines, Canada, Policy and Regulatory Environment 233
- 15.3 Wind Turbines, Canada, Market Size Analysis 238
- 15.4 Wind Turbines, Canada, Key Projects 242
- 15.5 Wind Turbines, Canada, Competitive Landscape 243
16 Wind Turbines, South Africa 251
- 16.1 Wind Turbines, South Africa, Market Overview 251
- 16.2 Wind Turbines, South Africa, Policy and Regulatory Environment 252
- 16.3 Wind Turbines, South Africa Market Size Analysis 256
- 16.4 Wind Turbines, South Africa, Key Projects 260
- 16.5 Wind Turbines, South Africa, Competitive Landscape 261
17 Appendix 268
- 17.1 Abbreviations 268
- 17.2 Bibliography 269
- 17.3 Research Methodology 271
- 17.4 Secondary Research 271
- 17.5 Primary Research 271
- 17.6 Contact Us 272
- 17.7 Disclaimer 272