Product Code: GDTT-TR-S006
Big Data is generated from digital activities. Consumers leave digital footprints when they browse the web, purchase items online, use email or interact with social media; businesses, in addition to generating similar data footprints, are also keen to gather and analyze as much 'Big Data' as they can for their own commercial use; and finally, machines continuously exchange data with each other without any human input.
Every industry generates 'Big Data', namely extremely large, diverse data sets that, when analyzed in aggregate, could reveal patterns, trends, and associations, especially relating to human behavior and interactions.Big Data can only be of value to consumers and businesses if it is reliable, robust, and secure. Key to this is how Big Data is managed. The value chain graphic below illustrates the key segments of the Big Data value chain.
The tourism industry is confronted with an incredible abundance of information, which has the potential to completely transform the sector, as long as it is wisely, efficiently, and correctly analyzed and used.
Big Data solutions can help the tourism industry in various ways, such as -
- Increase the efficiency of internal operations;
- Travel, revenue, and investment management;
- Boost financial performance;
- Improve distribution management;
- Offer more personalized and tailored products and services;
- Target the right customers with the right offers and marketing campaigns;
- Help in the decision-making process;
- Improve quality of services and products; and
- Price dynamics, especially in the air travel sector and metasearch engines.
- This report analyses the impact of big data on tourism.
- It discusses how big data can potentially transform the sector.
- It identifies some of the market leading players in each category of the big data value chain.
Reasons to buy:
- The report highlights some of the key players in the big data industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It identifies the main trends expected over the next two years in the big data theme.
- The report analyses the key segments of the big data value chain.
- It provides an industry analysis and explains how the big data industry is at the heart of virtually everything done online.
- The report also discusses the impact of big data on tourism through case studies and key recommendations for tourism companies and IT vendors.
- The report offers a technology briefing, to explain how big data is managed with new forms of data processing that are better suited to modern formats.
Table of Contents
- Data trends
- Industry growth trends
- Hardware trends
- Software trends
- Big Data trends in tourism
- Mergers and acquisitions
THE IMPACT OF BIG DATA ON TOURISM
- Tourism case studies
- Key recommendations for tourism companies
- Key recommendations for IT vendors
- Public companies
- Private companies
- Tourism companies
APPENDIX: OUR 'THEMATIC' RESEARCH METHODOLOGY