Product Code: GDCS0179RR
The Asia-Pacific skincare sector, largest in the world, was valued at US$71,460.8 million in 2019 and is expected to reach US$95,741.8 million by 2024, registering a CAGR of 6%. In volume terms, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow from 8,368.1 million units in 2019 to 9,457.5 million units in 2024, registering a CAGR of 2.5%. Asia-Pacific had the third-lowest per capita expenditure (US$17.6) after Middle East & Africa and Eastern Europe among all the regions in 2019.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific skincare sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
The global skincare sector was valued at US$133,077.3 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over 2019-2024.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific skincare sector, analyzing data from twenty six countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis across regions.
- Change in consumption: an analysis on the shift in consumption of skincare by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High-potential countries: provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographics and governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: provides deep-dive analysis of four high-potential countries covering value growth during 2019-2024, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Company analysis: provides an overview of leading companies in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for skincare across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2019. It covers six distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, health & beauty stores, convenience stores, direct sellers and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs, e-retailers, department stores, chemists/pharmacies, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and others.
- Preferred packaging formats*: the report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of skincare.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Table of Contents
Part 1: Market Environment
- Market size analysis - the Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
- Value and volume growth analysis by region
- Asia-Pacific market growth analysis by country
- Asia-Pacific market growth analysis by category
Part 2: High-Potential Countries' Analysis
- Methodology- Identifying high-potential countries
- Top four high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Overview of high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/3)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/3)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (3/3)
- Value share analysis of skincare compared to other cosmetics & toiletries sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and category
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
Part 3: Country Deep Dive
- Overview of Japanese skincare sector
- Demographic analysis - Japan
- City Analysis - Japan
- Key trends in the Japanese skincare sector
- Overview of the South Korean skincare sector
- Demographic analysis - South Korea
- City Analysis - South Korea
- Key trends in South Korea skincare sector
- Overview of Singaporean skincare sector
- Demographic analysis - Singapore
- Key trends in the Singaporean skincare sector
- Overview of Malaysia skincare sector
- Demographic analysis - Malaysia
- City Analysis - Malaysia
- Key trends in Malaysian skincare sector
Part 4: Success Stories
- About case studies
- Case study: Mary Kay Inc. Youthfinity® Serum
- Case study: Kama Ayurveda Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream
- Case Study: Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
Part 5: Competitive Environment
- Leading companies share in the Asia-Pacific skincare sector
- Brand share analysis of top five companies
- Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific skincare sector
- Leading brands in the Asia-Pacific skincare Sector
- Private label penetration in the Asia-Pacific skincare sector
Part 6: Distribution Analysis
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category (1/3)
- Leading distribution channels by category (2/3)
- Leading distribution channels by category (3/3)
Part 7: Packaging Analysis
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
Part 8: Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges in the Asia-Pacific skincare sector
- Future outlook of the Asia-Pacific skincare sector
- About GlobalData