Product Code: GDCS0128RR
The Western European make-up sector was valued at US$11,438.6 million in 2018 and is forecast to reach US$13,475.3 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2018-2023. Eye make-up was the largest category in Western Europe, with total value sales of US$3,967.4 million in 2018. Meanwhile, face make-up, the second-largest category, registered total value sales of US$3,951.3 million. With a projected CAGR of 3.7% during 2018-2023, the nail make-up category is set to record the fastest growth among all make-up categories in Western Europe.
The UK, Sweden, Belgium, and Germany were identified as high-potential countries for make-up in the region. The UK is expected to grow the fastest in value terms during 2018-2023, while Belgium is forecast to lead growth in volume terms. The Western European make-up sector is fragmented, with the top five brands - Maybelline, L'Oreal Paris, Rimmel, Max Factor, and Lancome - accounting for a combined value share of 34.6% in 2018. Private label brands acounted for a 6% share of total value sales in the same year.
Health & beauty stores led sales in 2018 with a total value share of 27.3%. Hypermarkets & supermarkets and drugstores & pharmacies are the other leading distribution channels, with value shares of 19.7% and 16.1%, respectively, in the same year. Rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of pack material in the Western European make-up sector, with a volume share of 73.5% in 2018. Specialty container, screw top, and carton - folding are the leading pack type, closure type, and outer type, respectively.
The report "Opportunities in the Western Europe Make-Up Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's make-up sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: L'Oreal S.A., Coty, Inc., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. , LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Cosnova Gmbh, Chanel S.A., Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., Yves Rocher International, Avon Products, Inc., Revlon Inc.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western European make-up sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up by categories across the key countries in the Western Europe region.
- High-potential countries: provides risk-reward analysis of top four high-potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographics and governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: provides deep-dive analysis of four high-potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: provides an overview of leading brands in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for make-up across the key countries in the Western Europe region, in 2018. It covers five distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, department stores, convenience stores, eretailers, and others, which includes dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, and vending machines.
- Preferred packaging formats: the report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of make-up.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
- 3.Identifying high-potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- High-potential countries
- Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
- 4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in Western Europe)
- High-potential countries in Western Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/2)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/2)
- Share of make-up compared to other cosmetics & toiletries sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and make-up categories
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
- 5. Country profiles (high-potential countries in Western Europe)
- The UK
- 6. Success stories
- Make-up in Western Europe: case studies
- 7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the make-up sector
- Leading companies in Western Europe's make-up sector
- Leading brands in Western Europe's make-up sector
- Private label penetration in the make-up sector
- 8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
- 9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer
- 10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook