Product Code: GDCS0158RR
Western Europe held a value share of 12% in 2018. The region is expected to witness slow growth at a CAGR of 1.2% during 2018-2023, on account of market maturity and slow population growth in the region. Whiskey was the largest category with value sales of US$24,831.8 million, accounting for 25.4% of the overall value sales in the region in 2018. The overall spirits sector in the Western Europe region is fragmented with the top five companies, accounting for 25.4% of overall value sales. Private label products held 3.1% value share in the overall spirits sector with good growth across all markets. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and on-trade were the largest distribution channels in the Western Europe spirits sector, accounting for 21.6% and 30.8% of overall volume sales, respectively, in 2018. Glass was the most commonly used package material in the Western Europe spirits sector, with a 95.4% market share in 2018.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Western Europe spirits sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe spirits sector, analyzing data from 18 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by markets.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of spirits by categories across different countries in the Western Europe region.
- Countries analysis: Provides risk-reward analysis of four countries in Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Company Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Western Europe spirits sector in 2018. It covers six distribution channels including on-trade. The major distribution channels are hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers and others, which includes department stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, vending machines, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of spirits products.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Western Europe
- High potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- Risk and reward analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- High potential countries in the Western Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of spirits compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and spirits categories
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- The UK
- The Netherlands
6. Success stories
- Spirits in Western Europe: case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Leading companies volume share in the Western Europe spirits sector
- Company and Brand Share Analysis
- Leading companies in the Western Europe spirits sector
- Leading brands in the Western Europe spirits sector
- Private label penetration in the spirits sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
13. About GlobalData