Product Code: CS0100RR
The global spirits sector was valued at US$689,074.6 million in 2017 of which Western Europe is the third largest region with a value share of 12.7% in 2017. The region is expected to produce slow growth at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2017-2022, on account of market maturity and slow population growth in the region. In addition, rising awareness about health & wellness is leading to increasing abstinence, which is a primary reason for the slow consumption of alcohol in the region.
Within the Western European spirits; "Whiskey" was the largest category, accounting for 26.8% of the overall value sales in the region in 2017. Liqueurs and specialty spirits were the other leading categories in the region, accounting for value shares of 16% and 14.1%, respectively, in the same year. Of the high potential countries identified, the UK is the largest market, followed by Spain and the Netherlands
The overall spirits sector in the Western Europe region is fragmented with the top five brands - Smirnoff, Bacardi, Gordon's, William Peel, and Pernod Ricard - accounting for 9.8% of overall value sales. Private label products held 5.4% value share in the overall spirits sector with good growth across all markets.
"Opportunities in the Western Europe Spirits Sector", report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's spirits sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
- The Western Europe will be the second fastest-growing region during 2017-2022
- Netherlands is forecast to witness the highest value and volume growth during 2017-2022
- Whiskey was the largest category in the Western Europe spirits sector in 2017
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading channel for sales of spirits in the region
- Glass was the most commonly used pack material in 2017.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the spirits sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of spirits categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for spirits across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores' and Other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (units) of spirits.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - by region
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries
- Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of spirits compared to other non-alcoholic beverages
- Change in consumption levels by country and spirits categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. High potential countries
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand Share Analysis in the spirits sector
- Leading companies in spirits sector
- Leading brands in the sector
- Private label penetration in the sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
12. Trend definitions
13. About GlobalData