Product Code: CS0105RR
Asia-Pacific represented the largest global market for hot drinks with a value share of 33.3% in 2017. Rising disposable incomes and increasing demand for premium hot drinks are the factors driving the hot drinks sector in Asia-Pacific. However, the region registered the lowest per capita consumption of 1.2kg in 2017.
Of the three categories, hot tea held the largest share, accounting for 57.5% of total value sales in 2017, while hot coffee, the second largest category, held a value share of 36.8%. China held the highest value share of 40.4% in the Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector in 2017, followed by Japan at 28.8% in the same year.
The Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector is moderately fragmented with the top five brands - Nescafe, Xiangpiaopiao, U.Loveit, Lipton, and DaYi - accounting for a combined 21% value share in 2017.
Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific hot drinks market, with a total value share of 35.5% in 2017, followed by on-trade transactions and hypermarkets & supermarkets. However, in Japan, on-trade transactions accounted for the largest share, compared to other distribution channels, in the same year.
Paper & board is the most commonly used pack material in the Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector. Screw Top was the most commonly used closure type and carton - folding was the most commonly used primary outer type in 2017.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Hot Drinks Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific's hot drinks sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of hot drinks by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for hot drinks across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2017. It covers five distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, department stores, and others that include cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', e-retailers, and general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of hot drinks.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
- 3. Identifying high potential countries in Asia-Pacific
- Identifying high potential countries in Asia-Pacific - methodology
- High potential countries in Asia-Pacific
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- 4. Market size and growth analysis ( high potential countries in Asia-Pacific)
- High potential countries in Asia-Pacific - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of hot drinks compared to RTD/iced tea and coffee categories
- Change in consumption levels by country and categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
- 5. Country profiles (high potential countries in Asia-Pacific)
- South Korea
- 6. Success stories
- Hot drinks in Asia-Pacific : case studies
- 7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the hot drinks sector
- Leading companies in Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector
- Leading brands in Asia-Pacific hot drinks sector
- Private label penetration in the hot drinks sector
- 8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
- 9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
- 10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook