Product Code: CS0097RR
Global Spirits sector was valued at US$689,074.6 million in 2017 in which Asia-Pacific was the largest region, accounting for a value share of 57.8% in 2017, and is expected to witness a growing CAGR driven by growing urbanization and a rising middle income population in the high potential countries. The region registered relatively higher per capita consumption of 9.3 liters in 2017 due to the popularity of local traditional alcoholic beverages and increasing demand for premium drinks, especially in countries such as India and China.
Of the eight categories, Specialty Spirits represented the largest category in the region, accounting for a value share of 77.9% in 2017, followed by Whiskey at 12.4% and Brandy at 5.4% share. Furthermore, the Tequila & Mezcal category is expected to grow at the fastest pace in value terms during 2017-2022, followed by Vodka.
Of all the high-potential countries, China held the largest value share of 69.6% in the Asia-Pacific spirits sector in 2017, followed by Australia. Hong Kong is forecast to produce the fastest value growth followed by Australia.
The overall spirits sector in the Asia-Pacific region was highly fragmented, with the top five brands - Jinro, Red Star Er Gau Tou, Niu Lan Shan, Ruang Khao, and Officers Choice - accounting for 10% value share in 2017.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Spirits Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's spirits sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific spirits sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of spirits by categories across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for spirits across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2017. It covers six key distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, vending machines, on-trade, and other general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack material, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of spirits.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (region analysis)
- Market size analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
- 3. Identifying high potential countries in Asia-Pacific
- High potential countries in Asia-Pacific
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
- 4. Market size and growth analysis (high potential countries in Asia-Pacific)
- High potential countries in Asia-Pacific - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of spirits compared to other alcoholic beverages sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
- 5. High potential country analysis: Asia-Pacific
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- 6. Success stories
- 7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the spirits sector
- Leading companies in Asia-Pacific spirits sector
- Leading brands in Asia-Pacific spirits sector
- Private label penetration in the Asia-Pacific spirits sector
- 8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by category
- 9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
- 10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook