Product Code: GDCS0154RR
The Western Europe wine sector was valued at US$137,332.9.million in 2018, and was the largest worldwide with a share of 36.5% of the global market. Growing at a CAGR of 2.1% over 2018-2023, the market's value is projected to reach US$152,472.9 million by 2023. The region is also the largest market worldwide in volume terms, accounting for a share of 48.1% of the global market in 2018. A well-entrenched tradition of wine consumption in most countries across the region, backed by strong local wine production, lends to significant demand for wine in the region. A growing premiumization trend is expected to drive growth in value sales to 2023 in an otherwise maturing market for wine.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Western Europe wine sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe wine sector, analyzing data from 18 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of wine by categories across different countries in the Western Europe region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Company Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Western Europe Wine sector in 2018. It covers on trade and four off trade distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, and others which includes cash & carries and warehouse clubs, department stores, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats*: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of wine.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Western Europe
- High-potential countries by region - Western Europe
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of wine sectors compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and wine markets
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- The UK
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Leading companies in the Western Europe wine sector
- Company and Brand share analysis in the wine sector
- Leading companies(by category) in the Western Europe wine sector by volume sales
- Leading brands (including private label) in Western Europe wine sector by volume sales
- Private label penetration in the wine sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook