Product Code: CS0120RR
The Western Europe wine sector was valued at US$126,799.8 million in 2017, and was the largest worldwide with a share of 39.6% of the global market. Growing at a CAGR of 4% over 2017-2022, the market's value is projected to reach US$154,509.2 million by 2022. The region is also the largest market worldwide in volume terms, accounting for a share of 48.5% of the global market in 2017. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Denmark, the UK, Sweden, and Germany were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily owing to their large sector size, projected high value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels.
The overall wine sector in Western Europe is fragmented, with the top five brands - A Racke, Accolade Wines, Rotkappchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH, CAVIRO Soc Coop Agricola, and Franz Wilhelm Langguth Erben GmbH & Co. KG - accounting for 7.6% of overall value sales. Still wine was the largest category in 2017 with value sales of US$97,132.6 million, accounting for 76.6% of the overall value sales in the region. Sparkling wine followed with a value share of 19.2% of regional wine sales in the same year.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets and food & drinks specialists were the largest distribution channels in the Western European wine sector, accounting for 43.2% and 24.9% of overall volume sales, respectively, in 2017. Glass was the most commonly used package material in the Western Europe wine sector, with an 88.2% share of unit volumes sold in 2017, while bottle was the most popular pack type with 89.5% share in the same year.
The report "Opportunities in the Western Europe Wine Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's wine sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: A Racke Germany, Accolade Wines, Rotkappchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH, CAVIRO Soc Coop Agricola, Franz Wilhelm Langguth Erben GmbH & Co. KG, Pernod Ricard SA, Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited, Bacardi Limited, Compagnie Francaise Des Grands Vins, Castel, Vina Concha Y Toro S.A
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe wine sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of wine by category across the key countries in the Americas region
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for wine across the key countries in the Western Europe region, in 2017.
- It covers five distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, health & beauty stores, drugstores & pharmacies, and others, which include cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', e-retailers, and department stores
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various package materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of wine.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Western Europe
- High-potential countries by region - Western Europe
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of wine sectors compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and wine markets
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- The UK
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the wine sector
- Leading companies in the Western Europe wine sector by value sales
- Leading brands (including private label) in Western Europe wine sector by value sales
- Private label penetration in the wine sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook