Product Code: CS0119RR
The Americas had a value share of 20.6% in the global wine sector in 2017, representing the second largest regional market. The region is expected to register a value CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period (2017-2022). Growth in the region will be driven by the rising consumption of wine among the young adult population, combined with an increasing interest towards premium categories. At a country level, the US held a 61% value share in the sector with US$40,272.8 million in 2017, which is projected to reach US$49,947.1 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 4.4% during 2017-2022. The US was also the largest market in the region in terms of volume, with 3,4511 million kg In 2017.
The region's wine sector is estimated to grow from US$660,11.6 million in 2017 to US$87,391 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2017-2022. In terms of volume, the Americas market was estimated at 6,088.4 million liters in 2017 and is forecast to record the third-fastest CAGR of all regions with 2.1% during 2017-2022. The overall wine sector in the Americas is fragmented, with the top five brands - Franzia, Barefoot, Toro, Carlo Rossi, and Woodbridge- accounting for 18.7% of overall volume sales in the sector in 2017.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Americas wine sector with a volume share of 42.3% in 2017, followed by food & drinks specialists, which accounted for 26.8%. Among the high-potential countries, the share of hypermarkets & supermarkets was the highest in the US at 51.6%, followed by Canada (34.4%). Glass was the most commonly used package material in the Americas wine sector, accounting for an 83.1% share in 2017, while stopper was the most commonly used closure type, accounting for a share of 65.9%.
The report "Opportunities in the Americas Wine Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's wine sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands Inc, Franzia Wines, Fecovita coop ltda, Grupo Penaflor sa and Vina Concha Y Toro S.A.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Wine sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Wine categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for Wine across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and vending machines and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of Wine.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - the Americas compared to other regions
- The Americas - analysis by regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in the Americas
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- High-potential countries in the Americas
- Risk and reward analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Americas)
- High-potential countries in the Americas - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of wine compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and wine category
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles (high-potential countries in the Americas)
6. Success stories
- Wine in the Americas: case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the wine sector
- Leading companies in the Americas wine sector
- Leading brands in the Americas wine sector
- Private label penetration in the wine sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook