Product Code: CS5376MF
The Malaysian wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while the fortified wine category is forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Glass is the only pack material used in the Malaysian wine sector. Older young adults (25-34 years) accounted for the highest consumption of wine in the country. 'Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited', 'Pernod Ricard SA' and 'LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton' are the leading players in the Malaysian wine sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine, and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, e-retailers, convenience stores, department stores, convenience stores, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of wine was lower in Malaysia compared to global and regional levels in 2017
- Per capita consumption of still wine is higher when compared to other wines in Malaysia
- On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in the distribution of wine in Malaysia
- Lindemans is the leading brand in the Malaysian wine sector
- Glass is the only pack material used in the Malaysian wine sector.
- Older young adults account for the leading share in the consumption of wine in Malaysia.
Reasons to buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Table of Contents
- Malaysia in the global and regional context
- Malaysia in the global and Asia-Pacific wine sector
- Malaysia compared to other leading countries in Asia-Pacific
- Per capita consumption and expenditure - Malaysia compared to Asia-Pacific and global levels
Sector analysis - wine
- Country snapshot - wine sector in Malaysia
- Value and volume analysis - wine sector in Malaysia
- Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
- Change in category share by value
- Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
- Change in category share by volume
- Per capita consumption analysis by category
- Category analysis: fortified wine
- Segment analysis (in value terms): fortified wine
- Segment analysis (in volume terms): fortified wine
- Category analysis: sparkling wine
- Segment analysis (in value terms): sparkling wine
- Segment analysis (in volume terms): sparkling wine
- Category analysis: still wine
- Segment analysis (in value terms): still wine
- Segment analysis (in volume terms): still wine
- Distribution channel share analysis: wine
- Distribution channel share analysis by category
- Brand share analysis by sector
- Brand share analysis by category
- Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
- Pack material
- Pack type
- Closure type
- Primary outer type
- Demographic analysis
- Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
- GlobalData country risk index (GCRI)