Product Code: GDME1394CFR
Growing aging populations worldwide are driving the expansion of specific disease populations, including degenerative spinal diseases and disorders. Spinal fusion is currently considered the gold standard in degenerative spine treatment, accomplishing both deformity correction and stabilization. However, sequelae associated with a successful fusion procedure have driven attention towards nonfusion technologies, which are expected to challenge the growth of spinal fusion during the forecast period. Interspinous process decompression (IPD) devices have evolved as a minimally invasive alternative to spinal fusion and laminectomy to treat painful lumbar spinal stenosis and its symptoms, including neurogenic intermittent claudication. The implants, placed between spinous processes in the symptomatic lumbar disc levels, are designed to limit painful extension of the spine while allowing neutral and flexed positions by increasing the interspinous distance with indirect decompression of the dural sac and nerve roots.
This report focuses on the market outlook for IPD products in the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates). The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the current and future IPD market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the Middle East and Africa market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that IPD manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of IPD products? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for IPD?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the IPD market?
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by country through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the Middle East and Africa IPD market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy:
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the IPD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the IPD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific IPD markets from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 About the Authors 2
2 Table of Contents 3
- 2.1 List of Tables 5
- 2.2 List of Figures 5
3 Executive Summary 6
- 3.1 Overview 6
- 3.2 Market Dynamics 7
- 3.3 Key Players in the IPD Market 8
- 3.4 IPD Market Future Outlook 8
4 Introduction 9
- 4.1 Catalyst 9
- 4.2 Related Reports 9
- 4.3 Upcoming Related Reports 10
5 Market Outlook 11
- 5.1 Procedure Trends 11
- 5.2 Pricing Trends 11
- 5.3 Revenue Trends 12
- 5.4 Company Share Analysis 12
6 Market Insights 13
- 6.1 Middle East and Africa 13
- 6.1.1 Israel 13
- 6.1.2 South Africa 13
- 6.1.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates 14
7 Competitive Assessment 15
- 7.1 Overview 15
- 7.2 Globus Medical 15
- 7.2.1 Overview 15
- 7.2.2 Portfolio Assessment 16
- 7.2.3 News and Deals Analysis 16
- 7.2.4 Competitive Positioning 16
- 7.3 Medtronic 17
- 7.3.1 Overview 17
- 7.3.2 Portfolio Assessment 17
- 7.3.3 Competitive Positioning 18
- 7.4 Paradigm Spine 18
- 7.4.1 Overview 18
- 7.4.2 Portfolio Assessment 18
- 7.4.3 Competitive Positioning 20
- 7.5 Vertiflex 21
- 7.5.1 Overview 21
- 7.5.2 Portfolio Assessment 21
- 7.5.3 Competitive Positioning 22
- 7.6 Other Players 22
8 Appendix 23
- 8.1 Bibliography 23
- 8.2 Abbreviations 23
- 8.3 Methodology 24
- 8.3.1 Overview 24
- 8.3.2 Coverage 24
- 8.3.3 Secondary Research 25
- 8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology 25
- 8.3.5 Primary Research Summary 26
- 8.4 About MediPoint 28
- 8.5 About GlobalData 28
- 8.6 Contact Us 28
- 8.7 Disclaimer 29
List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Metrics in the Middle East and Africa IPD Market 6
- Table 2: Middle East and Africa IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 11
- Table 3: Middle East and Africa IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023 11
- Table 4: Middle East and Africa IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 12
- Table 5: Middle East and Africa Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016 12
- Table 6: Globus Medical - Key Marketed Products Assessment 16
- Table 7: Medtronic - Key Marketed Products Assessment 17
- Table 8: Paradigm Spine - Key Marketed Products Assessment 18
- Table 9: Paradigm Spine - Key Clinical Trials 20
- Table 10: Vertiflex - Key Marketed Products Assessment 21
- Table 11: Vertiflex - Key Clinical Trial 21
- Table 12: Summary of Other Players in the IPD Market, 2017 22
List of Figures
- Figure 1: IPD Device Sales for the Middle East and Africa, by Country, 2016 and 2023 7