Product Code: CS0092RR
Global Savory Snacks sector is forecast to record a CAGR of 6.1% during 2017-2022 from its current valuation of US$105,706.2 million in 2017 of whichWestern Europe represented the third largest regional market in the global savory snacks sector in 2017. A reviving Western European economy and renewed consumer confidence across major countries will play a pivotal role in driving the demand for savory snacks, especially with robust growth in France, the UK, Sweden, and Greece.
Potato chips was the largest category in the Western Europe savory snacks sector in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 5.3% till 2022. In terms of growth, processed snacks is forecast to witness the highest CAGR during 2017-2022, driven by the growing demand from experimental-minded consumers seeking new flavors and varieties.
Sweden, the UK, France, and Germany are high-potential countries in the Western Europe Savory Snacks market, primarily due to the large savory snacks sector size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. The UK was the largest contributor in terms of market value as of 2017, while Sweden is forecast to witness the highest CAGR during 2017-2022. High urbanization, a positive economic outlook, and a large working class population drive the growth of savory snacks consumption in these countries.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the most popular distribution channel for savory snacks in the Western Europe region, followed by convenient stores. This is due to the fact that hypermarkets & supermarkets offer a large variety of products in terms of flavors, cuisines, and pack sizes. Similar distribution share patterns are seen across the countries in Western Europe.
The report "Opportunities in the Western Europe Savory Snacks Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's savory snacks sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe savory snacks sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: analysis on the shift in consumption of savory snacks by markets across the key countries in the Western Europe region.
- High potential countries: provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & wellness analysis: provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall savory snacks sector during 2012-2022. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of savory snacks products in the Western Europe region, in 2017. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering savory snacks with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand analysis: provides an overview of leading brands in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for savory snacks across the key countries in the Western Europe region, in 2017. It covers five distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, department stores and others that include - cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', e-retailers, and general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: the report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of savory snacks.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (region analysis)
- Market size in context - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
- 3. Identifying high potential countries in Western Europe
- High potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- 4. Market size and growth analysis (high potential countries in Western Europe )
- High potential countries in Western Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of savory snacks compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
- 5. Country profiles (high potential countries in Western Europe )
- The UK
- 6. Success stories
- 7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand Share analysis in the savory snacks sector
- Top companies in Western Europe savory snacks
- Top brands in Western Europe savory snacks
- Private Label penetration in the savory snacks sector
- 8. Health & Wellness Analysis
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Overview
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Growth contribution by country
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
- 9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading Distribution Channels by countries
- Leading Distribution Channels by categories
- 10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key packaging material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
- 11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key Challenges
- Future Outlook