Product Code: GDCS0142RR
The Eastern Europe confectionery sector is the second smallest in value terms. The sector was valued at US$17,759.4 million in 2018 and is expected to reach US$21,701 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.1%. The Eastern Europe confectionery sector is dominated by Russia and Poland with value market shares of 51.3% and 17.8% respectively. Rising demand for premium quality confectionery products and the increasing popularity of products with natural and organic ingredients are the driving factors.
Chocolate is the largest category in the confectionery sector, with value sales of US$13,071.6 million (73.6%) in 2018, and is expected to reach US$16,116.7 million by 2023. The chocolate category is forecast to register the fastest CAGR growth of 4.3% during 2018-2023, while the gum and sugar confectionery categories are expected to grow at CAGRs of 3.7% and 3.5% respectively. The rapid growth of the chocolate category is attributed to increasing demand for premium-quality products across the region.
Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania, and Hungary were shortlisted as high potential countries, primarily due to the large confectionery market size, projected high value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. Poland was the largest market in value terms, while Romania was the fastest-growing market in value and volume terms in the region. The overall confectionery sector in the Eastern Europe region is fragmented, with the top five brands - Orbit, Kinder, Milka, Snickers, and Alenka - accounting for 14.6% of overall value sales in 2018. Kinder, Orbit, and Haribo are the top brands in the chocolate, gum, and sugar confectionery categories, respectively.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel for confectionery products in the region, accounting for 32.9% of overall sales, followed by food & drinks specialists with a 25.8% share. As for packaging formats, flexible packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Eastern Europe confectionery sector, with a 79.8% volume share in 2018, while film is the most popular pack type, accounting for a 36.1% share in the same year.
The report "Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Confectionery Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's confectionery sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Companies mentioned: Mars, Incorporated, Nestle SA, Mondelez International, Inc., United Confectioners, Ferrero, Roshen Confectionery Co, Perfetti Van Melle SpA, Yildiz Holding AS, August Storck Kg, Colian SA.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Eastern Europe Confectionery sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of confectionery by categories across the key countries in Eastern Europe.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of nine countries across Eastern Europe based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure. Out of nine, a total of 4 high potential countries are shortlisted.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall confectionery sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of confectionery products in Eastern Europe, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering confectionery with Health and Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in Eastern Europe, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for confectionery across the key countries in Eastern Europe, in 2018. It covers five distribution channels - Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, Department Stores, Dollar and Variety Stores, Vending Machines, and Others that include Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, e-Retailers, and General retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Confectionery.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market Size Analysis - Eastern Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth Analysis by country
- Growth Analysis by categories
3. Identifying high potential countries in Eastern Europe
- High potential countries in Eastern Europe
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (High potential countries in Eastern Europe)
- High potential countries in Eastern Europe - overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/2)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/2)
- Share of Confectionery compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles (High potential countries in Eastern Europe)
- The Czech Republic
6. Success Stories
- Confectionery sector in Eastern Europe: Case Studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand share analysis in the confectionery sector
- Top companies in Eastern Europe confectionery sector
- Top brands in Eastern Europe confectionery sector
- Private label penetration in the confectionery categories
8. Health & Wellness Analysis
- Health & Wellness analysis - overview
- Health & Wellness market growth analysis by country
- Health & Wellness analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading Health & Wellness companies by market share
9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading Distribution channels by countries
- Leading Distribution channels by categories
10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key packaging material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
13. Trend Definitions
14. About GlobalData