Product Code: GD0247CI
Despite its bold economic reforms and demonetization initiative, India is pegged to remain one of the fastest growing economies with an expected GDP growth rate of around 7.4% in the current financial year (2017-2018), making it one of the popular ICT investment destination. Cloud computing is also gaining popularity among Indian enterprises, with software as a service (SaaS) and private cloud expected to witness significant investment in 2017.
Improvement in India's economic fundamentals directly impacts organizations' investment decisions, with most enterprises planning to significantly increase their ICT budgets in 2017. Moreover, the percentage of respondents looking to decrease the budget (either significantly or slightly), is expected to witness a drop of 4% in 2017 to reach a value of 10%.
Moreover, in order to support wide spread workforces, Indian enterprises are looking to enhance their communications infrastructure, and are planning to increase their expenditure on communications & collaboration solutions. Meanwhile, preference is given to vendors capable of providing disruptive technologies. In addition to this criterion, industrial expertise and solution design are also key in influencing ICT provider selection.
The report "ICT Investment Trends in India" illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in India.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Indian enterprises are interested in outsourcing?
- Indian enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing.
- Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises' investments in each technology category.
- How Indian enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Indian enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Indian enterprises' preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider.
Companies mentioned in this report: Airtel, Cisco, Microsoft, AT&T, Vodafone One Net, Google, Intel, IBM, Apple, BlackBerry Limited, Oracle.
- The survey shows that Indian enterprises are keen to invest in core technologies, including software, hardware, and IT services, in order to improve their efficiency and productivity.
- Cloud computing is also gaining popularity among Indian enterprises, with software as a service (SaaS) and private cloud expected to witness significant investment in 2017.
- Moreover, in order to support wide spread workforces, Indian enterprises are looking to enhance their communications infrastructure, and are planning to increase their expenditure on communications & collaboration solutions.
Reasons to buy:
- Understand how the Indian enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Indian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Indian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Indian enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Executive summary
- Survey demographics
- ICT budget changes
- ICT budget allocation by core technology area
- Hardware budget breakdown
- Software budget breakdown
- Third party IT services expenditure
- Communications expenditure
- Cloud computing budget
- ICT budget allocation by function
- Outsourced IT functions
- ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
- Mobility management
- Communications & collaboration
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Cloud Computing
- Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- ICT provider selection
- Key decision makers for purchasing technology