Product Code: CS0103RR
Americas emerged as the second largest region with a value share of 29.2% in the global prepared meals sector in 2017, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.5% during 2017-2022. Ready meals was the largest category accounting for US$17,090.6 (67.2% of the overall prepared meals sector) in 2017 and is expected to reach US$20,326.2 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 3.6%. The US was the largest contributor to the growth of both market value and volume during 2017-2022. The overall prepared meals sector in the Americas region is moderately consolidated with the top five brands - Stouffer's, Digiorno, Lean Cuisine, Banquet and Kraft - accounting for 30.9% of the overall value sales in 2017.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's prepared meals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas prepared meals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various prepared meals by category across high-potential countries in the Americas region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of nine countries across the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure. Out of nine, a total of four high-potential countries are shortlisted.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall prepared meals sector during 2012-2022. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of prepared meals in 2017. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering prepared meals with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Americas region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Americas prepared meals sector in 2017. It covers seven distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack materials pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of prepared meals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Americas compared to other regions
- Americas - analysis by region
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3.Identifying high-potential countries in the Americas
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- High-potential countries
- Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Americas)
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and prepared meals categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
- Prepared meals in the Americas: case studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand share analysis in the prepared meals sector
- Leading companies in the Americas prepared meals sector
- Leading brands in the Americas prepared meals sector
- Private label penetration in the prepared meals categories
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - overview
- Health & wellness analysis - growth contribution by country
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
- Health & wellness analysis - Key Product Attributes and Consumer Benefits
9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges
- Future Outlook