Product Code: CS0102RR
Global Prepared Meals sector was valued at US$86,943 million in 2017 of which Eastern Europe prepared meals sector is the fourth largest in value terms, with only 4.9% share in 2017, and is forecast to record a value CAGR of 5.9% during 2017-2022. Eastern Europe's prepared meals sector is driven by time-pressed working consumers that are constantly on the look-out to save precious time during their busy days. The top countries that lead market growth were Romania, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Russia.
Ready Meals was the largest category in the prepared meals sector, accounting for 81.6% share in 2017. The Meal Kits category is forecast to register the fastest CAGR of 6.1% during 2017-2022, followed by Ready Meals and Pizza. At a country level, Russia was the largest market for prepared meals, which accounted for 54.3% of the region's prepared meals sector in 2017, followed by Poland with 21.8%.
The Eastern Europe Health & Wellness market in the prepared meals sector stood at US$606,350.1 in 2017, accounting for only 0.01% of the overall share. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.9% during 2017-2022, due to rising consumer concerns regarding artificial ingredients and preservatives driving a preference for natural products. Romania is the only country in the region that offers products with Health & Wellness attributes.
The Eastern Europe prepared meals market is highly fragmented, with the top five brands: Hortex, Russkiy Hit, Doshirak, Rolton, and Big Bon, accounting for 18.6% of the market value in 2017. Private labels account for 11.9% of the market in the region as many consumers prefer better value-for-money prepared meals especially in Russia and Poland, as consumers embrace these low cost alternatives.
"Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Prepared Meals Sector", report provides a detailed analysis of Prepared Meals Sector in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe Prepared Meals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Prepared Meals by categories across the key countries in the Western Europe region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for Prepared Meals across the key countries in the Western Europe region, in 2017. It covers the following distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, department stores, and others that include cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', e-retailers, and general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Prepared Meals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - by region
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries
- Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of Prepared Meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and Prepared Meals categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. High potential countries
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand Share Analysis in the Prepared Meals sector
- Leading companies in Prepared Meals sector
- Leading brands in the sector
- Private label penetration in the sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook