Product Code: CS0104RR
Global Prepared Meals sector was valued at US$86,943 million in 2017 of which Western Europe held the highest value share at 39.4%, and which is forecast to grow by a CAGR of 4% by 2022. The highly urbanized and busy lives of consumers in developed nations, such as the UK, France, and Germany with 69% share of total regional consumption in 2017, are driving high prepared meals consumption rates in the region. Moreover, countries such as Austria, Denmark, and Sweden, which are less developed, offer higher growth potential for prepared meals in Western Europe because the market is less saturated.
Of all the categories, Ready Meals is the largest in the region, accounting for 75.2% of the overall sector in 2017 in value terms, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% till 2022. This is followed by pizza (22.5%) and meal kits (2.3%). Demand for new, customized, healthy, and ethnic cuisine in prepared meals will drive the sector's growth in Western Europe.
The Health & Wellness (H&W) market in the Western Europe prepared meals sector stood at US$1,014.9 million in 2017, accounting for 3% of the overall sector in the region. A large aging population and rising awareness about diet-related health conditions, such as obesity and diabetes, is driving H&W prepared meals sales in the region. Prepared meals with H&W attributes, such as 'food intolerance', 'naturally healthy', and 'free-from', are set to gain market share in the region.
The Western Europe prepared meals sector is fragmented with the top five brands - Frosta, Ristorante, Erasco, Iglo, and Maggi - accounting for a 13% share in 2017. Private labels accounted for a 27.4% share of the sector in 2017, indicating the demand for low-cost variants.
"Opportunities in the Western Europe Prepared Meals Sector", report provides a detailed analysis of Prepared Meals Sector in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe Prepared Meals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Prepared Meals by categories across the key countries in the Western Europe region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high potential countries in the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for Prepared Meals across the key countries in the Western Europe region, in 2017. It covers the following distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, department stores, and others that include cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', e-retailers, and general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Prepared Meals.
Reasons to buy:
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3.Identifying high potential countries in Western Europe
- Identifying high potential countries - methodology
- High potential countries
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and prepared meals category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
6. Success stories
- Prepared meals in Western Europe case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand share analysis in the prepared meals sector
- Leading companies in Western Europe prepared meals sector
- Leading brands in Western Europe prepared meals sector
- Private label penetration in the prepared meals sector
8. Health & wellness Analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - Overview
- Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
- Health & wellness analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading Health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by categories
10. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
13. Trends and definitions
14. About GlobalData