Product Code: GDPK1187MR
The packaging industry in the US is estimated to grow from 587.9 billion units in 2018 to 623.5 billion units by 2023, at a CAGR of 1.2%. Busier lifestyles, rising purchasing power and consequently growing demand for quick and on-the-go packaged goods is fueling growth in the packaging industry in the US. Product packaging with convenient, functional, and eco-friendly formats are expected to gain greater proliferation in the country. Over 2018-2023, the unit growth of rigid plastics is expected be the fastest, while the use of paper & board is expected to decline, over the same period.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the US packaging industry. It includes market overview, growth analysis by pack material and industry, pack material growth analysis by industry and sector, analysis by pack material, and trends, case studies, and future outlook.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the packaging industry in the US, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: Provides an overview of the use of different pack materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2013-2023.
- Growth in the use of pack material by sector: Provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various pack materials across sectors during 2018-2023.
- Key pack materials: Includes data and analysis - number of units (millions), volumes (million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types: rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others (not covered by the first five types) during 2018-2023. It also covers:
- Pack sub-type: Includes aluminum, aluminum foil/paper/plastic, brick, flexible plastic, gable top, glass, HDPE, metal, paper, paper & board, PET, plastic, ready metal trays, shaped, thin-walled, and others
- Pack type: Includes aerosol, jar, can - food, bag/sachet, pouch, tray, tub, carton, film, tin, bottle, box, blister pack, foil, wrapper, clamshell, tube, can - composite, can - drink, other line items, sleeve, can - paint, keg/drum, cup, bag-in-box, specialty cosmetic packs, and others
- Closure material: Includes metal, natural, plastic, synthetic, and others
- Closure type: Includes cap, twist-off, prize-off, foil, film, screw top, stopper, dispenser, flip/snap top, sports cap, plastic tie, crown, lever closure, and others
- Primary outer material: Includes flexible, paper & board, rigid plastic, and others
- Primary outer type: Includes box, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap, blister pack, and others
- Trends, case studies, and future outlook: Provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly, etc.- across the five key pack materials. The report also provides a view into the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section gives a success example highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies, and best practices.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market overview
- Key pack material - an overview
- Market size analysis by pack material and industry
- Pack unit analysis by industry
3. Growth analysis by pack material and industry
- Packaging share change by material and industry
4. Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector
5. Analysis by pack material (rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board, flexible packaging, and glass)
- Growth analysis by pack sub-type and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- Growth analysis by primary outer material and type
- Market size and growth analysis by industry and sector
- Change in market share by industries
- Key packaging trends
- Key packaging innovation case study
- Future outlook
- Trends definitions
7. About GlobalData