Product Code: GDHC-TR-S029
AI is one of the most prominent technology themes of the decade. COVID-19 has led to an unprecedented acceleration of digital transformation across the healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, payers, pharma and medical device companies have had to rapidly adjust to the pandemic's many hurdles and demands.
This report helps companies understand the competitive landscape for AI in the healthcare industry, compare their AI strategy with leaders in the industry and identify the leading AI vendors that they can partner with to make their vision a reality. The applications of AI in healthcare are many, with the potential to transform key aspects of the industry and drive innovation. Companies in every industry face disruption from AI, and those who fail to implement AI in their business models and strategies will risk failure.
- Healthcare, including pharma, medical devices, healthcare providers, and payers, is a highly regulated industry, and therefore can be slow to adopt new technologies and modernize.
- Machine learning (ML) and data science are the most applied AI technology across all components of the value chain within the healthcare sector. With predictive data, AI can provide complete visibility of the entire supply chain. Data are collected from each stage of the supply chain and then analysed by ML algorithms to generate ways to increase efficiency and productivity.
- AI conversational platforms is used for end-users to help in improving patient outcomes and thereby increase the efficiency of patient flow.
- A breakdown of the comprehensive AI value chain and identification of the seven key AI technologies, explanation of what they are and how they are used.
- Explanation of how AI impacts the healthcare industry and how it can help solve each of the challenges faced by companies in the pharma, medical devices, healthcare providers and payers' sectors.
- Case studies, and analysis of sector-specific applications of AI in the healthcare industry.
- Listing of all related M&A activity deals in the healthcare industry from 2018-present.
- Forecast data from 2019 up to 2024 of the estimated revenue from AI platforms in the healthcare market.
- Extensive coverage and analysis of relevant companies' positions in the AI theme.
- GlobalData's healthcare, medical devices and drug development scorecard, which scores companies based on the most important themes in the healthcare sector including AI theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Prioritise investments in the areas of AI. Informed by GlobalData's technology and healthcare analysts, we also provide recommendations on the area of the value chain you should focus on and highlight the parts you can confidently ignore to deliver the best results for your business.
- Identify leading AI vendors in healthcare providers, payers, pharma and medical devices sector and shortlist potential partners based on their areas of expertise and historic partnerships.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the competitive landscape of the industry and spot gaps in the market for new uses of AI.
- Quantify the global sales opportunity for AI services to the healthcare industry by accessing GlobalData's market size and forecasts (2019-2024) produced by our technology and healthcare analysts.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- AI value chain
- Healthcare challenges
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- AI timeline
- Sector scorecards
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us