Product Code: D99E
Public Wall Displays Project High Growth Opportunity for MicroLED Enabled Display Solutions in the Near Term
With internet-of-things (IoT) trends setting in, more and more products are integrated with features and applications leveraging rich multimedia features resulting in higher power consumption and reduced battery cycle of these devices.
Display components of smart devices consume majority of the power, thus manufacturers and developers are under constant pressure to develop a next generation innovative display technology to increase the battery life of smart electronic devices and appliances.
Considered as the next-gen of display technology, micro light emitting diode (MicroLED) consumes less than half the power consumed by traditional display solutions while providing extremely high resolution for enhanced viewing experience for consumers.
This technology and innovation report discusses key applications and growth opportunities leveraged by the MicroLEDs in the display industry.
- What are the key display applications served by MicroLEDs?
- Which are the emerging technology trends that could bolster demand for MicroLEDs?
- Who are the stakeholders involved in the MicroLED display industry?
- What are the drivers and challenges for MicroLED industry?
- What are the key research areas and R&D trends?
- Who are the key participants involved in developing MicroLED displays?
- How will COVID-19 impact the MicroLED industry in the near term?
Table of Contents
1.0. Executive Summary
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings
2.0. Overview of MicroLED Display Solutions
- 2.1. MicroLED Display Solutions Primarily Segmented into Three Segments - Small, Medium, and Large
- 2.2. Emerging Trends in Display Industry Poised to Trigger Demand for MicroLED Display Solutions
- 2.3. SWOT Analysis of MicroLED for Display Solutions
- 2.4. Growth Drivers, Industry Challenges, and Impact Assessment
- 2.5. Interest from Tier-1 Display Providers Adding to Attractiveness of the MicroLED Industry
- 2.6. Extreme High Costs Hindering Wide-scale Adoption of MicroLED Display Solutions
3.0. Key Stakeholders
- 3.1. Key Stakeholders of MicroLED Supply Chain
- 3.2. Companies to Action: Mass Manufacturing Technology Developers Establishing Strategic Collaborations to Exhibit Technology Attributes
- 3.3. Companies to Action: Panel Manufacturers Aggressively Focus on Early Commercialization of MicroLED Displays
- 3.4. Companies to Action: Stakeholders Developing Driver ICs to Meet Low Current Requirements of MicroLED Displays
- 3.5. Companies to Action: LED Manufacturers Developing Innovative Business Models Ensuring Quality Control for MicroLEDs
4.0. R&D Portfolio - Patent Analysis, Research Areas, and Public Funding Institutes
- 4.1. Patent Trend Analysis of the MicroLED Industry
- 4.2. Technology Majors and Display Providers Amongst Top 10 Patent Applicants
- 4.3. Patent Jurisdiction Analysis: Chinese Jurisdiction Dominating MicroLED Patenting Activities Followed by the US
- 4.4. Mass Transferring MicroLEDs, A Major Focused Area for the Stakeholders
- 4.5. Academia Focused on Developing Technologies for Advancements in Nanowire and Material Sciences for Mass Availing MicroLEDs
5.0. Growth Opportunities
- 5.1. MicroLED Enable Emerging Disruptive Applications
- 5.2. Growth Opportunity 1: MicroLEDs to Observe Rapid Adoption for AR/VR Applications in the Short Term
- 5.3. Growth Opportunity 2: MicroLEDs Are Expected to Replace Large-Sized Displays in the Long Term
- 5.4. Growth Opportunity 3: MicroLED Technology Gaining Traction from Stakeholders of the Automotive Industry
- 5.5. Growth Opportunity 4: Stakeholders Focused on Developing Displays for Consumer Electronic Applications
- 5.6. Growth Opportunity 5: MOCVD Reactors to Witness High Demand in the Near Term
6.0. From Analyst's Desk
- 6.1. European GaN-on-Si Companies Gaining Traction from Global Technology Leaders
- 6.2. Increasing Traction from Investors Leading to Spin-offs in the MicroLED Industry
- 6.3. COVID-19 Highly Impacting Extended Supply Chain of the MicroLED Industry
- 6.4. The Way Ahead for MicroLED Display Solutions
7.0. Industry Contacts
- 7.1. Key Industry Contacts
- Legal Disclaimer