Product Code: 9AB9/A6
Collision of Healthcare with Life Sciences IT Systems will Continue to Transform the Clinical Trials Market
Despite the term patient centricity gaining currency in the industry, there is a degree of variability in a companies' approach and strategic priorities. Frost & Sullivan sees digitization playing a critical role in transforming the clinical trial model from traditional, high-cost, and difficult-to-access centralized settings to more patient-centric and efficient distributed settings. As the clinical trial industry transitions to biomarker-based, targeted therapeutics, it demands a pivotal shift in design focus: from one directed by researchers to one driven by the needs of patients and their caregivers. Frost & Sullivan observes that leading pharmaceutical companies, in particular, are aggressively moving toward the mixed approach of physical and remote clinical trial settings to improve patient engagement and justify the value of future personalized drugs. Furthermore, increasing demand for quality data and novel endpoints demands clinical trial data management solutions to shift from fragmented point solutions that sit in silos to integrated eClinical solutions that provide a single source of truth, optimizing the cost by eliminating duplicate data entry, reducing on-site verification and source data verification rate. This entails an evolving vendor ecosystem of modular cloud-based eClinical solutions with an intuitive user interface capable of integrating all possible study and eSource data to optimize clinical trial digital workflows and data management cost and time.
The research service analyzes the 3 big themes driving clinical trial digitization and the new vendor ecosystem. The study also highlights growth opportunities, case studies of notable market developments, key trends, and investment and collaboration opportunities. Furthermore, the study provides an analysis of major companies segregated by these top 3 themes, which include:
- Digital Continuity Across Clinical Trial IT Systems: Digital continuity provides the framework and transparency required throughout the drug's lifecycle, from discovery to post approval. Leading clinical trial IT vendors provide propriety or third-party-hosted cloud-based eClinical platforms.
- Patient-centric Remote and Virtual Trial Design: The new pharma era breeds customer centricity, innovation, and engagement with patients, physicians, and all partners in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Direct-to-patient Home Services: Beyond the technological readiness, deployment of remote/virtual clinical trials will heavily rely on DTP clinical supplies and logistics services to meet patients and caregivers where they are.
Companies mentioned in the study are Oracle (ClinicalOne), Medidata Solutions, Science 37, THREAD Research, Evidation Health, ActiGraph, Veeva Systems, Antidote Technologies, Inc., ConsilX, 4G Clinical, CliniOps Inc, CRF, Koneska Health, Aparito, Clinerion, TrialBee, TriNetX Network, PatientsLikeMe, and Deep 6 AI.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the growth opportunities in clinical trials digitization space? What is the impact of the external environment on this market?
- What are the unique companies that are introducing innovative digital solutions in the market?
- How can companies transform clinical trial operations to provide much-needed patient-centric trials and efficiencies?
- What are the action plans and what is the potential for growth for disruptive and innovative companies in the clinical trials digitization space?
- What is the convergence potential of emerging technologies across the clinical development value chain (such as mHealth, wearables, AI, IoT, and blockchain)?
- How does the future vendor ecosystem for clinical trials look?
Author: Kamaljit Behera
Table of Contents
- 1. Key Findings
- 2. Strategic Imperatives for Key Industry Stakeholders
- 3. Top 5 Growth Opportunities
- 4. Scope and Segmentation
- 5. Key Questions this Study will Answer
Companies to Action Overview
- 1. Industry Convergence Driving Disruption and Innovation
- 2. Frost & Sullivan Companies to Action-Potential to Disrupt Healthcare Industry Paradigms
- 3. Technology Convergence Transforming Clinical Trial Models
- 1. Market Definition and Segmentation
- 2. Clinical Trial IT Market-Major Application Segments and Technologies
- 3. Digital Continuity
- 4. Challenges and Role of mHealth Solutions
- 5. Distributed Clinical Trials Ecosystem-Future Vision (2025)
- 6. Top 3 Trends and Vendor Strategies
- 7. C2A Targets Aligned with Top 3 Trends
- 1. Value Chain Analysis
- 2. Clinical Trial Digital Solutions-Analysis of Companies to Action
- 3. Clinical One by Oracle
- 4. Clinical One by Oracle (continued)
- 5. Medidata eClinical Solutions
- 6. Medidata eClinical Solutions (continued)
- 7. Science 37
- 8. Science 37 (continued)
- 9. THREAD Research
- 10. THREAD Research (continued)
- 11. Marken
- 12. Marken (continued)
- 13. ActiGraph
- 14. ActiGraph (continued)
- 15. Antidote Technologies, Inc
- 16. Antidote Technologies, Inc (continued)
- 17. CONSILX
- 18. CONSILX (continued)
- 19. Short Profiles of Clinical Trial Digital Solutions Companies
- 20. Short Profiles of Clinical Trial Digital Solutions Companies (continued)
- 21. Short Profiles of Clinical Trial Digital Solutions Companies (continued)
- 22. Entry of Non-traditional Participants
- 1. Key Conclusions
- 2. Legal Disclaimer
- 1. List of Abbreviations and Acronyms
- 2. Short Capability Matrix of Select Vendors Providing Clinical Trials Digital Solutions
- 3. Short Capability Matrix of Select Vendors Providing Clinical Trials Digital Solutions (continued)
- 4. Short Capability Matrix of Select Vendors Providing Clinical Trials Digital Solutions (continued)
- 5. Select Pharma and mHealth Vendor Collaboration Deals
- 6. Select Pharma and mHealth Vendor Collaboration Deals (continued)
- 7. Select Pharma and mHealth Vendor Collaboration Deals (continued)
- 8. Key Trends
- 9. Interested in Full Access? Connect With Us
- 10. List of Exhibits
The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 1. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 2. Value Proposition-Future of Your Company & Career
- 3. Global Perspective
- 4. Industry Convergence
- 5. 360° Research Perspective
- 6. Implementation Excellence
- 7. Our Blue Ocean Strategy