Product Code: D84C
Sensors, Block Chain, and Predictive Analytics Driving Opportunities in the Oil and Gas Sector
The term ‘digital oil fields' (DOF) is also referred to as Smart Fields, Intelligent Oil Fields; it is a 360 degree real-time approach for asset management, remote monitoring of oil wells and fields via integration of digitization. It encompasses a wide range of tools, tasks and disciplines via automation which results in higher productivity and optimization. DOF helps in easing the sustenance and maintenance of the organization's resources that are vital to business and operations in real time.
DOF offers asset management through real time monitoring where factors like engineering, operations, maintenance and finance unite into one integrated business process. This provides the on-site fields the necessity to exercise a new approach to investigate the fields and wells remotely. DOFs are built in phases to scale optimization by integrating, operating and optimizing production- related information in real time to enhance field operation and development. DOFs thrive to be robust, scalable, and upgradable so as to achieve greater levels of advancements in technology in future.
Incorporating digitization in oil wells and refineries will directly hinder the optimization workflows and it would get rid of the complexity issues that the operators in oil fields face on a day-to-day basis. Manual decision-making is reduced except for operators who compute, gather and collect the data which is achieved through automation over operational processes performed through technologies such as artificial intelligence, Big Data, block chain, sensors and drone technology and robotics.
Key Questions Answered in the Technology and Innovation Research Report:
- 1. What is the significance of DOFs in the Oil and Gas sector?
- 2. What are the major technology trends and key enabling technologies?
- 3. What are the factors that influence technology development and adoption?
- 4. Who are the key innovators and major stakeholders driving developments?
- 5. What are the future prospects of the technology?
- 6. What sort of strategies do DOFs adopt for gaining entry into the market and for sustainable competition?
Table of Contents
1.0. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1. Scope of the Technology and Innovation Research
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings
2.0. TECHNOLOGY LANDSCAPE ASSESSMENT - TRENDS AND ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES
- 2.1. Digital Oil Fields - Technology Significance
- 2.2. Why do we need Digitalization in Oil Field Sectors?
- 2.3. Evolution of DOFs: Scenario from 1980 to 2013
- 2.4. Demand And Supply in Oil & Gas industry
- 2.5. Role of IIoT and its Significance in DOF
- 2.6. IIoT: Sensors and SCADA's Significance in DOF
- 2.7. IIoT : Cloud and Analytics in DOF
- 2.8. Analyst Viewpoint on Impact of IIOT in DOF
- 2.9. Industry Challenges Faced by Oil and Gas industry
- 2.10. Degree of Acceptance and Communication Impacting DOF
- 2.11. Environment and Readiness Level Factors Hindering DOF Adoption
- 2.12. Analyst Viewpoint on DOF's Adoption
- 2.13. Emerging Technologies impacting DOF
- 2.14. Value Chain Analysis in Oil and Gas Sector
- 2.15. Seven Key Technologies used in DOFs
- 2.16. Technologies impacting upstream: Sensors
- 2.17. Impact of MEMS in DOF
- 2.18. Distributed Temperature Sensing In Oil And Gas Sector
- 2.19. Sensors: Pipeline Detection and Vertical Drilling in DOF
- 2.20. Technologies impacting upstream: Big Data Analytics Impacts
- 2.21. Big Data Analytics - DOF Use Cases
- 2.22. Technologies impacting Midstream
- 2.23. Drone Technology: Impact on Oil and Gas Market
- 2.24. Drone Technology - Operational Intelligence For Monitoring and Surveying Oil Field
- 2.25. Artificial Intelligence: Automates the Oil and Gas Process Flow
- 2.26. Adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for DOF to grow
- 2.27. BHGE and NVIDIA: AI's end-to-end impact on Oil and Gas Market
- 2.28. Eni collaborates with Stone Ridge Technology using NVIDIA GPUs
- 2.29. Solution Seeker along with Machine Learning
- 2.30. 5G Connectivity:- ND SatCom
- 2.31. Technologies impacting Downstream
- 2.32. Block chain Technology Significance: Oil and Gas Industry
- 2.33. Block chain Technology Use Cases: Oil and Gas Industry
- 2.34. Carbon Footprint Reduces Emission Levels
- 2.35. Impact of Robotics in Digital Oil Fields
- 2.36. Non Intrusive Inspection in DOF - Sonomatic Technologies
3.0. FACTORS INFLUENCING MARKET DEVELOPMENT AND ADOPTION, IP ASSESSMENT
- 3.1. Impact of Drivers for Digital Technologies Disrupting the Oil Fields
- 3.2. Artificial Intelligence and High Demand for Operators Drives Adoption
- 3.3. Advancements in Technologies and Cloud Computing Services Drives Adoption
- 3.4. Impact of Restraints for Digital Technologies Disrupting the Oil Fields
- 3.5. Complexity Digital Data and Volatility in Oil Prices Hinders Adoption
- 3.6. Fluctuating crude oil prices and Security Concerns are Challenging Factors
- 3.7. Global Patent Trend Analysis - By Year and Jurisdiction
4.0. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIC RECOMMENDATIONS
- 4.1. Growth Opportunities: Driving Forces of DOFs
- 4.2. Robotics, Machine Learning, Analytics, AR/VR Technologies Driving Digitization in Oil and Gas Sector
- 4.3. Key Questions for Strategic Planning
5.0. KEY INDUSTRY CONTACTS
- 5.1. Key Industry Contacts