Product Code: K188-18
Super Luxury Brands Expected to Double Sales from 4,000 to 8,000 by 2020, Owing to Crossover and SUV Sales
This market research provides a detailed analysis of the future trends in the global super luxury vehicles market. Super luxury vehicles are defined as the vehicles that cost above $90,000, with high-end luxury features such as comfortable interior seating, comfort suspension, and powerful powertrain. They are broadly classified into the following segments:
- High-end Luxury and Near-Super Luxury Vehicles: This segment talks about the flagship vehicles provided by mainstream OEMs, such as the high-end luxury sedans and SUVs, with a design focus on driving and interior comfort.
- Performance Luxury Vehicles: This segment includes vehicles ranging from high-performance variants of standard sedans and crossovers, sports coupes and convertibles, and purpose-built super cars, with a focus on speed, acceleration, and driving dynamics.
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles: This segment includes vehicles custom-built for providing passengers with the highest levels of comfort a vehicle can offer, with completely customizable options.
The study analyzes the future of various technologies among these categories:
- Connectivity, which includes electronics featured in vehicle interiors (with technologies such as touchscreen, gesture control, virtual cockpits, and customizable displays)
- Powertrain, which includes the different energy units that are used to power high-end luxury vehicles (with technologies such as internal combustion (IC) engines, hybrid-electric powertrain, and battery electric powertrain)
- Autonomous technology, which includes both autonomous and semi-autonomous functions that help drive and navigate the vehicle (with technologies such as forward collision warning, park assist, lane-changing assist, autonomous driving, adaptive cruise control, and chauffeur and valet systems)
- The study research lists the special features of super luxury vehicles such as customization options provided to the customers, with brief discussions on upcoming vehicles in the segments and their features. The research highlights how super luxury vehicle bodystyling is likely to be affected by SUVs, which have a very high market share, when compared to sedans and hatchbacks in the mainstream and luxury markets. It also discusses how this will affect the sales performance of ultra luxury brands.
Key questions this study will answer include:
- 1. What is the super luxury vehicles market made of? What are the different types of super luxury vehicles?
- 2. What are the future trends in super luxury vehicles in terms of autonomous, connectivity, and powertrain technology?
- 3. What are the upcoming models in the super luxury vehicles space and what are the unique features they are likely to be fitted with?
- 4. What is the impact that SUVs/crossovers will have on the super luxury vehicles market?
- 5. How does technology transfer happen from motorsport and super luxury vehicles to mainstream vehicles?
- 6. Key OEMs compared in this study include: Acura, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Fisker, Ford, Jaguar, Karma, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lucid Motors, Maserati, McLaren Automotive, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-Maybach, Nissan, Porsche, Rolls-Royce Cars, and Tesla.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Executive Summary
- Super Luxury Vehicles-Definition
- Super Luxury Vehicles-Brands Sales 2015-2016
- Super Luxury Vehicle Brands-Mass Production
- Super Luxury Vehicle Brands-Profits
- Super Luxury Vehicles-Brand Ecosystem
- Super Luxury Vehicles-Models on Sale
- Super Luxury Vehicles-Upcoming Models
- Current and Future Outlook
2. RESEARCH SCOPE, OBJECTIVES, BACKGROUND, AND METHODOLOGY
- Research Scope
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Research Methodology
- Key Questions this Study Will Answer
- Key OEMs Compared in this Study
- Relevant Research
3. NEAR-SUPER LUXURY CARS AND SUVS
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Connectivity
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Autonomous
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Powertrain
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Electric Super Luxury
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Body Styling
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Other Features
- Near-Super Luxury Vehicles-Upcoming Models/Concepts
4. PERFORMANCE LUXURY VEHICLES
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Connectivity
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Autonomous
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Powertrain
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Body Styling
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Other Features
- Performance Luxury Vehicles-Upcoming Models/Concepts
5. ULTRA LUXURY VEHICLES
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Connectivity
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Autonomous
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Powertrain
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Crossovers
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Crossovers
- Ultra Luxury Vehicles-Upcoming Models/Concepts
6. CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
- Customization Options
- Customization Future
7. TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Product Technology Transfer
- Technology Transfer
- Technology Transfer (continued)
8. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES TO ACTION
- Growth Opportunity-High-end Luxury Vehicles
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Conclusions
- Legal Disclaimer
10. THE FROST & SULLIVAN STORY
- The Frost & Sullivan Story
- Value Proposition: Future of Your Company & Career
- Global Perspective
- Industry Convergence
- 360° Research Perspective
- Implementation Excellence
- Our Blue Ocean Strategy