Product Code: 9AAD-00-12-00-00
New Technologies Such as 5G Call for a Modular Approach, Driving Demand
Instrumentation based on PXI and AXIe are driving growth in the automated test equipment market and a shift from bench to modular instruments. Worth $809.7 million in 2015, market revenues are expected to reach $1,766.7 million by 2020, at a CAGR of 15.2%.
In comparison to traditional rack-and-stack test systems, modular systems are a combination of chassis, controllers, and modules. While the market has proprietary standards, open standards impart significant benefits to customers for customization to their applications. This research study focuses on equipment based on such standards, which include the following:
Each section provides the current market size for 2015 and forecasts revenues till 2020. The study features the market shares of the leading competitors as well as highlights recent developments and key trends. Companies discussed include National Instruments, Keysight Technologies, Cobham, Teradyne, Astronics, VTI Instruments, Pickering Interfaces, and Marvin Test Solutions, among others.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How long will the PXI market continue to grow at a mid-teen growth rate?
- What is the current penetration of modular instrumentation in the test and measurement industry, and what will it be in 2020?
- Which markets could dramatically expand the addressable market for PXI vendors?
- Who are the major shareholders in each segment, who is gaining share, and how will this likely change over the next 5 years?
- Who are the new entrants in AXIe, and how is this emerging market likely to develop over the next 5 years?
Why Partner with Frost & Sullivan?
- Robust and proven research methodology resulting in high-quality findings: Frost & Sullivan has established relationships with the leading participants in the value chain of the test and measurement industry with which it performs primary research for the purpose of its research services.
- Long experience researching and tracking test and measurement markets generating reliable information: Frost & Sullivan has published studies year-on-year on this industry for over 15 years and employs analysts with previous experience working for test and measurement OEMs, generating data you can trust.
- Breadth and depth of market coverage: The Frost & Sullivan analyst team has performed analysis of the electronic measurement market from various perspectives, including the following:
- Product: Oscilloscopes, signal generators, signal analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, logic analyzers, electronic counters, and digital multimeters
- Form Factor: Bench-top, modular, portable, and handheld
- Application: Research and development/lab, manufacturing/production, and installation and maintenance/field
- End User: Communications, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, industrial electronics, automotive and transportation, among others
Geography: Global and regional, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa
Table of Contents
- 1. Key Findings
- 2. Key Findings (continued)
VXI-based Instrumentation Market
- 1. VXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast
- 2. VXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion
- 3. VXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion (continued)
- 4. VXI-based Instrumentation Market-Market Share Analysis
- 5. VXI-based Instrumentation Market-Market Share Analysis (continued)
PXI-based Instrumentation Market
- 1. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast
- 2. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion
- 3. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion (continued)
- 4. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Market Share Analysis
- 5. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-National Instruments
- 6. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Keysight Technologies
- 7. PXI-based Instrumentation Market-Market Share Analysis
AXIe-based Instrumentation Market
- 1. AXIe-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast
- 2. AXIe-based Instrumentation Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion
- 3. AXIe-based Instrumentation Market-Key Applications
- 4. AXIe-based Instrumentation Market-Key Applications (continued)
- 5. AXIe-based Instrumentation Market-Market Share Analysis
- 6. Legal Disclaimer
- 1. List of Companies Interviewed
- 2. Secondary Research Sources
- 3. List of Related Frost & Sullivan Deliverables
The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 1. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 2. Value Proposition: Future of Your Company & Career
- 3. Global Perspective
- 4. Industry Convergence
- 5. 360° Research Perspective
- 6. Implementation Excellence
- 7. Our Blue Ocean Strategy