Product Code: NCA7
Phased Array Ultrasonic Test Equipment Outpacing the Market
The global ultrasonic non-destructive test (NDT) equipment market was impacted severely by the economic recession of 2009 to 2010. Since then, the market has done well to maintain a stable growth rate. This market engineering study discusses the current state of the total global ultrasonic NDT equipment market; it provides analyses for the following segments: thickness gauges, digital flaw detectors, phased array flaw detectors, and test machines. Regions covered include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and ROW. The study also gives an overview of the current trends impacting this market, the size of the market, its future potential, and its competitive environment. The base year is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
- The highest revenue generated in the ultrasonic nondestructive test (NDT) equipment market is from the test machines segment, whereas the highest volume sales is in the thickness gauges segment.
- Phased array flaw detectors represent the highest growing segment in the ultrasonic NDT equipment market, both in terms of revenue and volume.
- The average price per unit in the phased array flaw detectors segment is decreasing at a rapid rate, with a [redacted]% reduction in price forecast from 2012 to 2017.
- Within the phased array flaw detector segment, existing participants are introducing more new products than before, and new participants are entering this booming segment.
- Oil and gas - followed by power generation and aerospace, military, and defense - is the highest revenue contributor to the ultrasonic NDT equipment market.
- The market is growing the most in Rest of World (ROW), with growth occurring in the Middle East, Africa, and South America.
- GE Measurement and Control Solutions and Olympus NDT are the leading market participants. Sonatest PLC is a distant third.
- The highest number of participants exist in the test machines market segment, which is dominated by system integrators.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the ultrasonic NDT equipment market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the strategic growth regions and the factors driving and restraining these markets?
- How is the competition in the market structured? What is the competitive environment for individual product segments?
- Which end-user industry segments will offer growth opportunities in the next 5 years?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
- Which product segments offer the highest growth opportunities, both in terms of revenue and volume sales?
- In this market, year-over-year unit sales vary considerably, and the market is quite dependent on general economic conditions.
- Equipment manufacturers are moving toward low-end phased array flaw detectors that provide basic functionalities.
- Because of maturing technology, customers have placed extra emphasis on equipment features and software capabilities.
- High growth regions include regions in ROW, such as the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America (especially Brazil).
- A lack of skilled technicians, especially in the phased array ultrasonic testing segment, means that equipment must be easy to use.
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Market Overview
- 3. Total Ultrasonic NDT Equipment Market
- Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- 4. Thickness Gauges Segment Breakdown
- 5. Digital Flaw Detectors Segment Breakdown
- 6. Phased Array Flaw Detectors Segment Breakdown
- 7. Test Machines Segment Breakdown
- 8. North American Breakdown
- 9. European Breakdown
- 10. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
- 11. Rest of World Breakdown
- 12. The Last Word
- 13. Appendix