Product Code: MB95-27
Aging Transmission Substation Retrofits and New Smart Grids Drive Demand for Substation Automation
This research service assesses the trends in the European substation
automation market. The economic recession of 2009 led to a shortage of
investment funds in virtually all markets, so that most planned projects were
either stalled or completely shelved. This study analyses and determines the
impact of the economic recession on the substation automation market in
Europe, as well as the market dynamics during the recovery years of 2010 and
2011. The analysis was performed during 2012-when the market was in decline
due to the European debt crisis-and is provided alongside an analysis of
trends by product and regions within Europe with forecasts up to 2017.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- How are the dynamics of the European power generation and transmission
industry set to change over the forecast period?
- What are the key decisive factors that will drive the market forward in
the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in Europe that hold potential for growth?
- How is the competitive landscape of this market split across various
substation automation vendors?
- How will the sovereign debt crisis in Europe impact the future of this
Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Market Overview
- 3. Total Substation Automation Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- CEO's 360 Degree Perspective on the Substation Automation Market
- 4. Product Segment Breakdown
- Automation Equipment Segment Breakdown
- Software and Communication Technologies Segment Breakdown
- 5. Regional Breakdown
- Germany Breakdown
- France Breakdown
- United Kingdom Breakdown
- Italy Breakdown
- Iberia Breakdown
- Scandinavia Breakdown
- Benelux Breakdown
- Rest of Western Europe Breakdown
- Eastern Europe Breakdown
- 6. The Last Word
- 7. Appendix