Product Code: NBE7
Norms, Regulation, and Government Stimulus Driving the Market
This research service identifies the major industry challenges, market drivers
and restraints, and key trends in technology, pricing, and distribution for
the North American substation automation and integration market. This research
service provides comprehensive forecasts across the three products segments:
hardware, such as RTU, BCU, PLC, and IEDs; software, such as HMI and SCADA;
and services, such as integration, upgradation, and maintenance. It is also
segmented two major end-user segments: utility and industrial end-users. The
countries studied are the United States and Canada. The base year is 2011,
with a forecast period of 2012-2018.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- What are the industry challenges, market drivers, and barriers to the
substation automation market?
- What is contributing to the massive growth of the substation automation
market? Where is the growth coming from? How is growth happening in the North
- Where will spending be focused-on greenfield projects, retrofit projects,
or primary, bay-level, or station-level equipment? What is the reason for such
- What is the IEC 61850 standard? What are the end-user benefits for
following the standard? Why substation automation? What are the benefits of
- How is the growth in the end-user industries, product, and project segment
justified? How is the relationship with the trends identified? What is the
market share analysis?
- What are the key Mega Trends affecting the market?
- What is the prime challenge in the substation automation?
- Who are the leading market participants in the market? Are mergers and
acquisition showing some trends?
- What are some key partners and business development avenues such as
government grants, recognition, awards?
- Will the spending in smart grid technologies boost the substation
automation market?What is the reason for the investment in the smart grid
technologies in North America?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Substation Automation and Integration Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Hardware Segment Breakdown
6. Software Segment Breakdown
7. Services Segment Breakdown
8. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)