The market for zinc oxide nanoparticles (Nano-ZnO) continues to grow, mainly driven by the demand for UVA/B filters in sunscreens and sun protection cosmetics. There has been an increasing demand over the past 18 months from brand owners for non-chemical UVA/B filters and this trend is expected to continue as regulatory hurdles are surmounted.
The Nano-ZnO market is dominated by multi-national chemicals and advanced materials companies, who mainly supply brand owners and contract manufacturers in the the ultraviolet (UV)-protection markets, principally in cosmetics and sunscreens, in multi-ton quantities. Secondary markets they sell to include academia and research, paints, coatings, biomedicine and automotive.
What does the report include?
- Zinc oxide nanoparticles properties, advantages and synthesis.
- Comprehensive quantitative data and forecasts for the main end user markets for zinc oxide nanoparticles including cosmetics & sunscreens, coatings and paints and anti-bacterials (hygiene surfaces and textiles).
- Qualititative insight and perspective on the current market and future trends in end user markets
- Regulations and safety
- Production volumes
- Key trends and market drivers in 2014
- Company profiles of zinc oxide nanoparticles producers including products, applications and contact details. Profiles include Altana/ BYK Chemie, Antaria Limited, BASF AG, Elementis Specialties, Inc., Grillo Zinkoxid GmbH, HakusuiTech Co., Ltd. and many more.
Table of Contents
1. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 2.1. Market drivers
- 2.2. Market trends in 2014
- 2.3. Nano-ZnO producers
- 3.1. Zinc oxide (ZnO)
- 3.2. Nanoparticle zinc oxide (Nano-ZnO)
- 3.2.1. Properties
- 3.2.2. Advantages
- 3.2.3. Synthesis
4. NANOPARTICLE ZINC OXIDE MARKET STRUCTURE
5. SWOT ANALYSIS
6. REGULATIONS AND SAFETY
7. NANO-ZNO APPLICATIONS
- 7.1. High volume applications
- 7.2. Low volume applications
- 7.3. Novel applications
8. NANO-ZNO END USER MARKET SEGMENT ANALYSIS
- 8.1. PRODUCTION VOLUMES 2010-2025
- 8.2. CONSUMPTION BY END USER MARKET
- 8.3. CONSUMPTION BY REGION
- 8.4. COSMETICS AND SUNSCREENS
- 8.4.1. Market size
- 8.4.2. Market drivers and trends
- 8.5. PROTECTIVE PAINTS AND COATINGS
- 8.5.1. Market size
- 8.5.2. Market drivers and trends
- 8.6. ANTI-BACTERIALS
- 8.6.1. Market size
- 8.6.2. Market drivers and trends
9. NANO-ZNO PRODUCERS AND PRODUCTS
- 9.1. MAIN SUPPLIERS AND PRODUCTS
- 9.2. PRODUCTION ESTIMATES BY COMPANY PRODUCER PROFILES
TABLES AND FIGURES
- Table 1: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by end user markets 2014, in tons
- Figure 1: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by end user markets 2014.
- Figure 2: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by region 2014.
- Table 2: Global market for zinc oxide nanoparticles (Nano-ZnO), 2010-2025 in tons/year.
- Figure 3: Global market for zinc oxide nanoparticles (Nano-ZnO), 2010-2025 in tons/year.
- Table 3: Zinc oxide nanoparticles market structure
- Table 4: Zinc oxide nanoparticles-Effect and applications by market
- Table 5: Global market for zinc oxide nanoparticles (Nano-ZnO), 2010-2025 in tons/year.
- Figure 4: Global market for zinc oxide nanoparticles (Nano-ZnO), 2010-2025 in tons/year..
- Table 6: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by end user markets 2014, in tons.
- Figure 5: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by end user markets 2014.
- Figure 6: Consumption of Nano-ZnO by region 2014.
- Figure 7: Global Paints and Coatings Market, share by end user market.
- Table 7: Main Zinc oxide nanoparticles-Suppliers, products, primary particle size.
- Table 8: Production estimates by company 2014, low and high estimates.
- Table 9: Targets market for Nano-Zno products, by main suppliers.