‘Commercial Non-Life Insurance Brokers in Brazil’ plus the BrokerBASE™ and market data file that accompany it investigate the importance of brokers in the distribution of non-life insurance for businesses in Brazil. This report first provides unique data for the size, segmentation and growth of the Brazilian commercial non-life insurance market itself. It then quantifies the share of this market that is intermediated by brokers and, based on extensive primary research of around 150 broking entities in total, it ranks the leading 30 brokers in Brazil according to their revenues from commercial non-life insurance, excluding income from other activities such as personal lines and employee benefits.
This report provides unique data in the following areas:
- the value of commercial non-life insurance markets for 2010 to 2014;
- the share of this market distributed by brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the revenues generated by commercial non-life insurance business for brokers in 2010 and 2014;
- the concentration of the market for commercial non-life insurance broking in 2014 (including a comparison with 2012);
- forecasts for 2018 for the value of commercial non-life insurance premiums, brokers' share of this market and their revenues from commercial non-life insurance business.
Moreover, the report, BrokerBASE™ and market data file can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to quantify the size and dynamism of the broker market for commercial non-life insurance in Brazil;
- to utilise a single comprehensive source of information that uses a uniform methodology to size the underlying commercial non-life insurance market and to quantify brokers' share of distribution;
- to assess a range of potential business opportunities: from selecting targets for acquisition to niche product development and ideas for distribution partnerships;
- to understand the competitive landscape in Brazil through its market concentration, the importance of international brokers, and brokers' distribution strategies;
- to identify the leading brokers in Brazil, with coverage of competitors such as Aon, Brasil Insurance, Marsh, Par Corretora and Willis.
Table of Contents
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- What is this report about?
- The focus is uniquely on commercial non-life insurance, excluding other types of business...
- ...and on brokerage, even where intermediaries can act as both agents and brokers
- Research program
- Market data analysis
- Exchange rate
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Regulatory information
- Resolution 297 of October 2013 aims to bring greater clarity to the activities of ‘de facto' agents in Brazil...
- ... and will have some impact on commercial lines distribution (but more on personal lines)
- Commercial non-life insurance market
- Brazil's commercial lines insurance market has expanded at a healthy rate in recent years...
- ...with liability insurance outperforming other segments
- Commercial non-life insurance brokers
- Overview of brokers' presence in the distribution of commercial non-life insurance
- Brokers dominate sales of commercial non-life insurance in Brazil...
- ... although their distribution share may have slipped slightly
- Competitor trends and specialisms
- The market for commercial non-life insurance broking remains relatively fragmented...
- ... with Aon and Marsh and the clear leaders, especially among multinational clients
- Since its public listing, Brasil Insurance has continued to grow through multiple acquisitions
- The brokerages ranked fourth and fifth possess contrasting customer bases...
- ... and the ones in sixth and seventh positions serve large numbers of both corporate and individual clients
- Colemont acts as a both a retail and reinsurance broker in Brazil
- Brokers are often active in other areas of financial intermediation in addition to commercial lines...
- ... especially personal insurance and employee benefits
- Brokers' distribution strategies
- A few of the top 30 commercial lines brokers specialise by product and / or client sector
- Most international broker networks have at least one local partner in Brazil
- Future outlook
- Brokers will remain the dominant distribution system for commercial non-life insurance up to 2018...
- ... albeit regulatory changes will have some impact on their operating environment
LIST OF GRAPHICS / TABLES
0.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key market data for commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil
2.0 MARKET ANALYSIS
- Segmentation of the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil, 2014
- Growth in the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil by segment, 2010 to 2014
- Size and growth of the commercial non-life insurance market in Brazil by segment, 2010 to 2014 (table)
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2010 and 2014
- Brokers' share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2010 and 2014 (table)
- Market concentration for commercial non-life insurance broking in Brazil, 2010 and 2014
- Market shares of commercial non-life insurance broking revenues of the top ten brokers in Brazil, 2014
- Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top 30 commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil
- Importance of different types of insurance broking for the top 30 commercial non-life insurance brokers in Brazil (continued)
- Partners of major international broker networks in Brazil
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2018
- Brokers' forecast share of the commercial non-life insurance market and revenues earned from it in Brazil, 2018 (table)