Product Code: CHIDww
Weight loss supplements accounted for the highest share of value sales within weight management and wellbeing in 2019, largely due to Indonesians' awareness that their very high consumption of rice and sweet foods leads to high-risk health conditions such as diabetes and cancer as well as heart problems. Many national dishes also contain high levels of sugar with a single serving and are also very greasy, leading to high cholesterol levels. The desire to look good and fit is also boosting sales.
Euromonitor International's‘ Weight Management and Wellbeing in Indonesia report’ offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
- Indonesian Diet Continues Invite Weight Gain and High Health Risks, and Consumers Increasingly Seek Weight Loss Supplements To Reduce the Risks
- Prospects Are Bright for Growth of Weight Management and Wellbeing
- Herbalife Indonesia Maintains Its Strong Lead in the Category
- Local Players Are Lined Up To Compete With Herbalife and Other International Players
- Internet Retailing Sees the Highest Value Growth in 2019
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Unstable Weather and Environmental Conditions Drive Increased Demand for Consumer Healthcare
- Rapidly Developing Healthcare Start-ups Offer Indonesia's Rural Population Greater Access To Services
- Leading Players in Consumer Health Are Both International and Domestic, With Local Players Maintaining Their Greatest Strength in Herbal/traditional Products
- Internet Retailing Growth Is Further Advanced by Widening Online Offer and Fast Product Delivery
- Value Growth of Consumer Healthcare Is Ensured As Demand Continues To Increase
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources