Product Code: PKCN
Ongoing urbanisation continued to play an important role in the development of packaged food in China in 2019. The rise in the number of small households, the rupture in traditional channels of passing on culinary skills, and the hectic pace of city life drove a growing demand for convenience at the end of the review period. Meanwhile, the information-rich urban environment and the impact of city life on physical and mental health generated increasing consumer health-consciousness.
Euromonitor International's ‘ Packaged Food in China report’ offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Cooking Ingredients and Meals, Dairy Products and Alternatives, Snacks, Staple Foods.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Packaged Food market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Urbanisation shaping demand trends
- Health-awareness increasingly manifested in demand for natural products
- Competitive environment favouring major brand manufacturers
- Demand for convenience driving foodservice and shaping retail innovation
- Ongoing growth but with notable constraints
- Pressure to deliver quick but standardised food boosts demand for packaged products
- Brand manufacturers increasingly looking to retail
- Substitutes for milk performing well in foodservice
- Growing emphasis on food innovation
- Exposure through foodservice has the potential to boost retail sales
- Blurring of distinctions between consumer foodservice and retail
- Table 1. Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2. Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3. Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 4. Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 5. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 6. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 8. Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 9. GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 10. NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11. LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 12. Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13. Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14. Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15. Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 16. Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17. Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 18. Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1. Research Sources