Product Code: CHHKec
The city of Hong Kong remained a hotbed for eye-related problems in 2019 because of the population's hectic lifestyles and the city's poor air quality. Despite the majority of air pollutants achieving their target limits, ozone levels exceeded air quality objectives at eight monitoring stations in Hong Kong. Ozone exposure is the main source of eye irritation and stinging, especially among young children with weaker defence systems.
Euromonitor International's‘ Eye Care in Hong Kong, China report’ offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Allergy Eye Care, Standard Eye Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Eye Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
- Hong Kong's Living Environment Continues To Give Rise To Eye-related Problems
- Alternatives To Prevent Dryness and Fatigue Threaten Demand for Standard Eye Care
- Increasing Potential for Eye Care Products Targeted at Young Children
- Rohto Maintains Its Position With Japanese Heritage and Diverse Portfolio
- Alcon Grows by Leveraging Cross-category Synergies and Distributor Relationships
- Table 1. Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2. Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3. NBO Company Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4. LBN Brand Shares of Eye Care: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5. Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6. Forecast Sales of Eye Care by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Increasing Health Concerns Due To Lifestyles and Living Environment
- Strong Efforts Towards A Healthier and Fitter Nation
- OTC Faces Strong Competition From Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
- Drugstores Remains Predominant and Internet on the Rise
- Growing Emphasis on More Refined Segmentation
- Table 7. Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8. Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Table 9. Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10. Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11. NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12. LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13. Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14. Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15. Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16. Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventative Medicine
- Summary 1. Research Sources