This report presents the ElectroniCast forecast of the use of Power Analyzers and Power Quality Analyzers. The report provides the review (analysis) of 2019 and a 10-year (2019-2029) forecast of the worldwide market consumption of Power Analyzers and Power Quality Analyzers, segmented as follows:
- BENCH TOP
- BENCH TOP (LARGE / HEAVY)
- BENCH TOP (PORTABLE / LIGHT)
- PANEL MOUNT
- PANEL MOUNT (LARGE / RACK)
- PANEL MOUNT (SLIM / PANEL)
- PANEL MOUNT (DIN RAIL)
POWER QUALITY ANALYZERS
- BENCH TOP
- BENCH TOP (PORTABLE / LIGHT)
- PANEL MOUNT
- PANEL MOUNT (SLIM / PANEL)
- PANEL MOUNT (DIN RAIL)
The market forecasts for Power Analyzers and Power Quality Analyzers are separate forecasts and therefore are not summed-up together to a higher-level.
The market forecast data are segmented by the following functions:
- Consumption Value (US$, million)
- Quantity (number/by 1,000 units)
- Average Selling Prices (ASP $, each)
The ElectroniCast global market forecasts for Power Analyzers and Power Quality Analyzers are segmented into the following geographical regions:
- North America
- Asia Pacific Region (APAC)
- Rest of the World
Electric Power Test Equipment
Power Analyzer (PA)
Power analyzer (PA) is a piece of test equipment that accurately measures electrical power characteristics of devices that generate, transform, or consume electricity. Power analyzers, also called power meters or watt-meters, provide precise measurements of true power (watts), power factor, harmonics and efficiency in inverters, motor drives, lighting, home appliances, office equipment, power supplies, and industrial machinery.
Power Quality Analyzer (PQA)
A Power Quality Analyzer (PQA) is a piece of test equipment designed to evaluate the quality of electrical power on its input. These devices are available in three-phase and single-phase models. They measure both current and voltage, and detect dips, swells, fast transients, harmonics, power factor, and a host of other parameters that are useful for advanced power troubleshooting.
Information Base for the Market Forecast
Market analysis and forecasting are complex tasks. Any predictions of the shape and trends of technology and economic movement start from the notion that the germ of what will be important tomorrow is present, although smaller or larger or in a different form, in our environment today. However, taking as a basis for a prediction the assumptions of current, conventional belief creates a set of preconceived notions that can lead to serious mistakes. ElectroniCast, instead, looks to the basic driving forces. The future market for this particular type of electric power test and measurement equipment depends on a number of factors, including:
- The continuing trend of regarding increasing performance/cost ratio, driving an economics-based expansion
- Current and future use of other competing technologies, based on economic advantage and technology advancement
- Possible displacement of these technologies by other solutions
- Shifts in the types and technologies of products deployed and in their end applications
- Trends in world economies, regional economies and government policies
ElectroniCast analysts perform interviews with authoritative and representative individuals involved with electrical component and equipment development and marketing/sales, from the standpoint of both suppliers and users of pertinent products. The interviews are conducted principally with:
- Engineers, marketing personnel and management at manufacturers of the pertinent types of products.
- Design group leaders, engineers, marketing personnel and market planners at major users and potential users of the applicable products.
- Other industry experts, including those focused on standards activities, trade associations, and investments.
The interviews cover issues of technology, R&D support, pricing, contract size, reliability, documentation, installation/maintenance crafts, standards, supplier competition and other topics.
Customers (electrical contractors, electricians, building systems, electrical infrastructures, electrical utility/operators, equipment distributors, similar) are interviewed, to obtain their estimates of quantities received and average prices paid, as a crosscheck of vendor estimates. Customer estimates of historical and expected near term future growth of their application are obtained. Their views of use of new technology products will be researched.
A review of published information was also performed to supplement information obtained through interviews. The following sources are reviewed:
- Professional technical journals and papers
- Trade press articles
- Technical conference proceedings
- Product literature
- Company profile and financial information
- Additional information based on previous ElectroniCast market studies
- Personal knowledge of the research team
ElectroniCast forecasts, are developed initially at the lowest detail level, and then summed to successively higher levels. The background market research focuses on the amount of each type of product used in each application in the base year (2019), and the prices paid at the first transaction from the manufacturer. This forms the base year data. ElectroniCast analysts then forecast the growth rates in component quantity use in each application, along with price trends, based on competitive, economic and technology forecast trends, and apply these to derive long term forecasts at the lowest application levels. The usage growth rate forecasts depend heavily on analysis of overall end user trends toward digital broadband communication equipment usage and economic payback.
The calculation and analysis data spreadsheet technique is based upon input/ output analysis, leveraging the quantitative consumption quantity, price and value of each item in each application at all levels to achieve reasonable quantitative conclusions; this interactive analysis concept, first applied on a major scale by Leonteff, of the US Department of Commerce, in the mid 1950s, was then adopted successfully by analyst/forecasting firms Quantum Science, Gnostic Concepts and (in 1981) by ElectroniCast.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1Global Market Overview
- Power Quality Analyzer (PQA)
- Power Analyzer (PA)
- Market Forecast Product Categories
- Power Quality Analyzer - Regional Forecast
- Power Quality Analyzer - Product Category Forecast
- Power Analyzer - Regional Forecast
- Power Analyzer - Product Category Forecast
- 1.2Electrical Industry Overview
- Electrical Contractors and Electricians - Associations
- National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting
- Electrical Contractors' Association
- SELECT (Electrical Contractors' Association of Scotland)
- NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association)
- IEC (ndependent Electrical Contractors)
- IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) - Union
- RENGO - Japan - (Nihon Rodokumiai Sorengokai)
- FAPECA (Federation of Asian Pacific Electrical Contractors Association)
- KECA (Korean Electrical Contractors Association)
- (CHINCA) China International Contractors Association)
- Federated Electrical Contractors (FEC)
- The Electric Roundtable
- Profile of Selected Leading Electrical Contractors (United States)
- Bergelectric Corporation
- Cache Valley Electric Company (CVE)
- Cleveland Electric
- Cochran, Inc
- Cupertino Electric, Inc.
- Egan Company
- E-J Electric Installation Company
- EMCOR Group Inc.
- Encore Electric
- Facility Solutions Group, Inc.
- Faith Technologies, Inc.
- Five Star Electric Corp
- Gaylor Electric, Incorporated
- Guarantee Electrical Company
- Hatzel & Buehler, Inc.
- Helix Electric, Inc.
- Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
- Hunt Electric Corporation
- Inglett & Stubbs LLC
- ISC Constructors, LLC
- Lake Erie Electric
- M.C. Dean, Inc.
- Miller Electric Company
- MMR Group, Inc.
- Motor City Electric Company
- MYR Group, Inc.
- O'Connell Electric Company, Inc.
- Parsons Electric LLC
- Pike Corporation, Inc.
- Power Design, Inc.
- Quanta Services
- RailWorks Corp./L.K. Comstock
- Redwood Electric Group, Inc.
- Rosendin Electric, Inc.
- Table of Contents - Continued
- Sachs Electric Company
- Sprig Electric Company
- The Morse Group, Incorporated
- The Newtron Group, LLC
- The State Group, Incorporated
- Total Facility Solutions (TFS)
- Tri-City Electrical Contractors, Inc.
- VECA Electric and Technologies
- Wachter, Incorporated
- Walker Engineering, Inc.
- Wayne J. Griffin Electric, Inc.
- Selected Leading Electrical Contractors (United Kingdom)
- Arthur Mckay & Co Limited
- Balfour Beatty Engineering Services
- Boulting Group Limited
- Briggs & Forrester Limited
- Cbes Limited Services
- Crown House Technologies (CHt)
- Dodd Group
- FES Limited
- Imtech Technical Services
- Lorne Stewart PLC
- Mace Group Ltd
- MJ Quinn Integrated Services
- NG Bailey Limited
- Phoenix ME Limited
- SES Engineering Services
- Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil Limited
- SPIE Limited
- SSE Contracting Limited
- T Clarke Public Limited Company
- WT Parker Group
- Additional Profiles of Selected Leading Electrical Contractors
- China Construction Electric Power Construction Co., Ltd
- Daelim RSS
- Dongfang Electric Corporation Limited
- Guangdong Electric Power Design Institute Co. Ltd
- North China Power Engineering CO., LTD
- Shandong Electric Power Construction No.2 Company (SEPCO2)
- Zhejiang Electric Power Construction Co., Ltd. (ZEPC)
- World's Largest Electric Utilities (Top 20)
- List of Public Utilities - Electric Utilities, By Country
- United States of America - List of Top 10 Electric Utilities, by number of customers
2. Power Analyzer Market Forecast, by Type
- 2.1Global Overview
- 2.2Bench-Top (Large/Heavy) Power Analyzers
- 2.3Bench-Top (Portable/Light) Power Analyzers
- 2.4Portable (Handheld) Power Analyzers
- 2.5Large Panel Rack Power Analyzer
- 2.6Panel Power Analyzer (Slim / Panel Mount)
- 2.7Panel Power Analyzer (DIN Rail Mount)
3. Power Quality Analyzer Market Forecast, by Type
- 3.1Global Overview
- 3.2Bench-Top (Portable/Light) Power Quality Analyzers
- 3.3Portable (Handheld) Power Quality Analyzers
- 3.4Panel Power Quality Analyzers (Slim / Panel Mount)
- 3.5Panel Power Quality Analyzers (DIN Rail Mount)
4. Competitive Environment
- 4.1Company Profiles
- AEMC INSTRUMENTS (see CHAUVIN ARNOUX)
- ALGODUE ELETTRONICA srl
- AMPERIS PRODUCTS S.L.
- AMPROBE (DANAHER CORPORATION)
- CANDURA INSTRUMENTS
- CARLO GAVAZZI HOLDING AG
- CHAUVIN ARNOUX GmbH (Including AEMC INSTRUMENTS)
- CIRCUTOR, SA
- DEWETRON GmbH
- ELCONTROL ENERGY NET S.r.l.
- Elspec LTD
- EXTECH INSTRUMENTS (FLIR SYSTEMS)
- FLUKE INCORPORATED (DANAHER CORPORATION)
- GOSSEN METRAWATT INSTRUMENTS / GMC-I
- GRIDSENSE (ACORN ENERGY Inc)
- HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION
- INFRATEK AG
- JANITZA ELECTRONICS GmbH.
- KEYSIGHT TECHNOLOGIES
- KYORITSU ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENTS WORKS, LTD.
- LUMEL S.A.
- MAGTROL SA
- METREL d.d.
- NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS
- NEWTONS4th LTD (N4L)
- PEAKTECH Prüf- und MESSTECHNIK GmbH
- PCE INSTRUMENTS UK LTD.
- PROVA INSTRUMENTS INC.
- ROHDE & SCHWARZ (HAMEG)
- SATEC Ltd.
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
- SIEMENS AG
- SUMMIT TECHNOLOGY, INC. (POWERSIGHT)
- TEKTRONIX, INC.
- TELEDYE LECROY
- TES ELECTRICAL ELECTRONIC CORP.
- THYTRONIC S.p.A.
- VALHALLA SCIENTIFIC INCORPORATED
- VITREK CORPORATION
- XiTRON TECHNOLOGIES (See VITREK)
- ZES ZIMMER ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS GmbH
- 4.2Competitive Market Share Estimates
- 4.2.1Power Analyzer
- 4.2.2Power Quality Analyzer
5. Market Research Methodology
6. Definitions - Acronyms, Abbreviations, and General Terms
7. ElectroniCast Market Forecast Data Base
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 Tutorial