10-Year Market Forecast
This report provides estimates and forecasts, based on market research study work performed by ElectroniCast Consultants.
General Lighting Definition - lighting that is used to provide the main illumination of an area. The ElectroniCast definition of General Lighting also includes directional and supplementary lighting.
The LED-based lighting covered in this study is used in fixtures in stationary/fixed locations (non-vehicle or non-portable) General Lighting applications; the lighting (lamps and PCB/printed circuit boards with driver), which are used in new fixtures or retrofitting/ replacement of existing (installed-based) lighting.
The study process by ElectroniCast Consultants considers the following points:
- Standards on or related to LED lighting (including general regulations & standards, environmental issues etc.)
- Policies and schemes for promoting the penetration of LED lighting
- Industry trends in LED lighting fixtures
- Distribution Channel (DIY stores, other stores, Web-based, other)
- LED Lighting industry competitive environment
- The use of LED lamps for Intelligent Lighting / Internet of Things (IoT)
LED Level Quantified in the ElectroniCast Study Below, are four levels (or "food chain") pertaining to the LED marketplace. For the purposes of this ElectroniCast study, we quantify and provide a market forecast for "Level 3"
- Level 1 - The chip or die
- Level 2 - The LED component (packaged LED) or other components
- Level 3 - Lamps, complete LED-equipped PCB, or Module
- Level 4 - Luminaire (light fixture/lamp holder/including lamp/s)
Market Forecast, by Product Type
This market forecast is presented for eight (8) major product categories.
Total Consumption: LED Lighting at Summary-Level
- Parabolic aluminized reflector (PAR)
- General Service (A-Type Bulb: A-19/A-21); including filament-type style
- Decorative Types: Candle, Fancy Round; including filament-type style
- Multifaceted reflector (MR) Compatible
- Linear Tube or Other Linear with Embedded Diffuser
- Street / Parking-lot / Campus / Similar (Parks, Walkways)
- High Bay/Flood/Stadium (>= 2500Lm)
- Miscellaneous: Complete LED-equipped PCB with Driver
The global consumption value of specified LED lamps used in General Lighting, reached an estimated $23.15 billion in 2017. The consumption value of General Lighting LED Lamps is forecasted to increase to $30.81 billion in 2022, and eventually reaching $36.34 billion in 2027. Market forecast data in this study report refers to consumption (use) for a particular calendar year; therefore, this data is not cumulative data.
Market Forecast, By Region The market data estimates and forecasts are segmented into the following county/other counties; separate data-sheets are provided for the following:
- Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA)
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
Market Forecast, By Function This report provides the 2017-2027 market data review estimate and forecast by the following functions:
- Consumption Value
- Quantity (number/units)
- Average Selling Prices
The consumption (use) value is determined by multiplying the number of lighting units by the average selling price (ASP) in US Dollars. The estimated average selling prices are not retail prices; the prices are based on the price of the LED product at the initial factory level. These are the original manufacturer's ("factory") prices invoiced to the first (original) customer, or transfer prices for internal (captive) production.
Market Research Methodology
Market analysis and technology forecasting are complex tasks. Any predictions of the shape and trends of technology and economic movement start from the notion that the germ of what will be important tomorrow is present, although smaller or larger or in a different form, in our environment today. However, taking as a basis for a prediction the assumptions of current, conventional belief creates a set of preconceived notions that can lead to serious mistakes. ElectroniCast, instead, looks to the basic driving forces.
During the market research process, ElectroniCast analysts performed interviews with selected authoritative and representative individuals in the LED and lighting industry, plus - R&D and factory/manufacturing, from the standpoint of both suppliers and users of LED and lighting illumination products. The interviews were conducted principally with:
- Architectural lighting Designers/Installers concerns, Engineers, marketing personnel and management at manufacturers of LED lighting and related equipment, as well as other lighting technologies.
- Design group leaders, engineers, marketing personnel and market planners at major users and potential users of LEDs and lighting
- Other industry experts, including those focused on standards activities, trade associations, government and investments.
The interviews covered issues of technology, R&D support, pricing, contract size, reliability, documentation, installation/maintenance crafts, standards, supplier competition and other topics.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 LED Lamps & Light Fixtures Used in General Lighting
2. Regional and Lamp Type - Global Market Forecast
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 America Market Forecast
- 2.3 EMEA Market Forecast
- 2.4 APAC Market Forecast
3. LED Lighting: Competitive Analysis/Market Opportunity Analysis
- 3.1 Overview: Market Opportunity Analysis - Market Dynamics; Market Opportunity/Sales Channels
- 3.2 Company Profiles - Selected General Lighting or Related Companies
- A-Bright Incorporated
- Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc. (ABL)
- American Bright Optoelectronics Corp.
- Asia Unique LED Lighting Co., Ltd.
- Bajaj Electricals Limited (BEL)
- Bridgelux, Inc.
- Citizen Electronics Company, Limited
- Cortem S.p.A.
- Cree, Inc. (Cree LED Lighting - Cree Bulb)
- Darmon Tech Co., Ltd. (Dianming)
- Dominant Opto Technologies Sdn. Bhd.
- Dow Corning Electronics (Dow)
- Eaton Corporation plc (Cooper Lighting)
- ECO Lighting Solutions (See: Horner Lighting Group)
- EcoSense Lighting
- Energy Focus, Inc.
- Epistar Corporation
- Everlight Electronics Company Limited
- Feit Electric
- FLEx Lighting
- Flex LTD.
- General Electric Company (GE)
- GlacialLight Inc.
- GuangZhou Lovely Lighting Co., Ltd
- Hangzhou z-light Optoelectronic Co., Ltd.
- Harvatek International
- High Power Lighting Corp. (HPLighting)
- Horner Lighting Group (Horner APG, LLC.)
- Hubbell Lighting Inc.
- Illumitex Incorporated
- Independence LED Lighting, LLC
- Intematix Corporation
- Independence LED Lighting, LLC
- Intematix Corporation
- Kenall Manufacturing Company
- LED-LS (Latin America)
- LED Roadway Lighting Ltd.
- LEISO Lighting (DongGuan) Tech., Ltd.
- Lextar Electronics (AU Optronics)
- LG Innotek
- LSI Industries Inc.
- Luming Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- Luminus Devices
- Nichia Corporation
- OPPLE - Latin America
- Panasonic Corporation
- Philips - (Signify Holding)
- Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc. (TNT Energy)
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- ROHM Company, Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Schréder Group
- SemiLEDs Corporation
- Senslite Corporation
- Seoul Semiconductor
- Sharp Microelectronics, Sharp Devices
- Sheenly Lighting Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen Bang-Bell Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.
- Surya Roshni Limited, India (Surya)
- Tech Lighting (Generation Brands)
- Thorn Lighting (Zumtobel Group)
- Toshiba Lighting & Technology Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd
- Unity Opto Technology
- Vexica (The Vexica Group Limited)
- Viribright Lighting Inc. (subsidiary of Matrix Lighting Inc.)
- Wyndsor LightingLLC
- Yuji International Co., Ltd.
- Westinghouse Lighting Latin América
4. ElectroniCast Market Research Methodology
5. Introduction/Explanation of Excel Worksheets - ElectroniCast Market Forecast Detailed Data
List of Tables
- 1.1.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Region ($Million)
- 1.1.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Product Category ($Million)
- 2.1.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Product Category ($Million)
- 2.1.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Product Category (Quantity)
- 2.1.3 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Product Category (ASPs)
- 2.2.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting America Forecast, By Product Category ($Million)
- 2.2.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting America Forecast, By Product Category (Quantity)
- 2.2.3 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting America Forecast, By Product Category (ASPs)
- 2.3.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting EMEA Forecast, By Product Category ($Million)
- 2.3.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting EMEA Forecast, By Product Category (Quantity)
- 2.3.3 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting EMEA Forecast, By Product Category (ASPs)
- 2.4.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting APAC Forecast, By Product Category ($Million)
- 2.4.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting APAC Forecast, By Product Category (Quantity)
- 2.4.3 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting APAC Forecast, By Product Category (ASPs)
List of Figures
- 1.1.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, ($Billion)
- 1.1.2 Product Life Cycle
- 1.2.1 A-Type Bulb (Remote Phosphor)
- 1.2.2 LED Post Top Lamp
- 1.2.3 Downlight Retrofit Module
- 1.2.4 Assorted LED Lamps
- 1.2.5 LED Light Bulb (Cool White): A-Type Bulb
- 1.2.6 Complete Fixture and Streetlights (Lamp)
- 1.2.7 Samples of Lighting Fixture Types
- 1.2.8 LED-Based T8 Linear Tube Lamps
- 1.2.9 LED-Based High Bay Lamp/Fixtures
- 1.2.10 Printed Circuit Board (PCB) + Driver Floodlight
- 1.2.11 Printed Circuit Board (PCB) + Driver Floodlight
- 2.1.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Region ($Billion)
- 2.1.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Global Forecast, By Region (Quantity/Units)
- 2.2.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, America Region ($Million)
- 2.2.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, America Region (Quantity/Units)
- 2.3.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, EMEA Region ($Million)
- 2.3.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, EMEA Region (Quantity/Units)
- 2.4.1 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, APAC Region ($Million)
- 2.4.2 LED Lamps Used in General Lighting Forecast, APAC Region (Quantity/Units)
- 3.2.1 LED Lighting Product (explosion-proof lighting)
- 3.2.2 High Power LED
- 3.2.3 High Power LED
- 3.2.4 LED Troffer
- 3.2.5 Remote-phosphor technology 255 degree e27 bulbs led high CRI>90
- 3.2.6 Factory/Warehouse Supply
- 3.2.7 Silicone Encapsulant and Silicone Lens in LEDs
- 3.2.8 Silicone Products for LED Lamps
- 3.2.9 Silicone Products for LED Streetlamps
- 3.2.10 LED Lighting with Direct-Applied Phosphor
- 3.2.11 LED Remote Phosphor Area Light
- 3.2.12 LED Streetlighting Design
- 3.2.13 LED Area Lights
- 3.2.14 LED Tube Lights
- 3.2.15 Driver on Board LED Module For Lighting
- 3.2.16 LED Area Light
- 3.2.17 LED-Based Linear Lamp - Parking Garage
- 3.2.18 Remote phosphor (yellow) disappears when energized
- 3.2.19 LED-Based 4W Flame Tip Filament Candelabra Dimmable
- 3.2.20 7W Warm White 40 DEG MR16
- 3.2.21 LED-Based Household Utility Bulb ("Corn-Style")
- 3.2.22 LED Tube Light
- 3.2.23 Low-Profile / Ultra-Compact Chip LEDs
- 3.2.24 Smart Lighting Module
- 3.2.25 Ambient Light Engine
- 3.2.26 High Power (LED Component)
- 3.2.27 Remote Phosphor Elements
- 3.2.28 Packaged LED
- 3.2.39 LED Chip on Board (COB)
- 3.2.30 Quality Management System in LED Manufacturing - China
- 3.2.31 LED Streetlights in Use
- 3.2.32 LED Linear Unit
- 3.2.33 LED Bulb
- 3.2.34 LEDs for General Lighting
- 3.2.35 Glass-encapsulated Component LEDs
- 3.2.36 Linear Remote Phosphor LED Strip
- 3.2.37 Violet blue photons are produced by LEDs
- 3.2.38 Assorted LED Products
- 3.2.39 LED Pole Light
- 3.2.40 Cold Phosphor - Packaged LED
- 3.2.41 LED Module
- 3.2.42 LED Module
- 3.2.43 A-Type - LED Bulb
- 3.2.44 MR-Type - LED Bulb
- 3.2.54 A-Type - LED Bulb
- 4.1 ElectroniCast Market Research & Forecasting Methodology
Addendum - Microsoft Excel File