Fiber Optic Circulators are non-reciprocal devices, which means that changes in the properties of light passing through the device are not reversed when the light passes through in the opposite direction. The optical device is commonly used in a wide variety of systems, here are just a few examples: dispersion compensation, optical sensors, optical amplifiers, WDM systems, optical add/drops multiplexing (OADMs) and test/measurement instruments such as optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs), remote fiber (optic) test systems (RFTS) and other test equipment.
Fiber optic circulator functionality is an excellent candidate for integrating with a transmitter and receiver into a single package. Circulators provide an ideal solution for coupling devices into a fiber optic network without the inherent 3dB loss of an optical coupler. Circulators directional functionality enable simultaneously adding and dropping signals from a fiber as well as coupling other optical signal processing devices.
The deployment of optical fiber in the metro/access, the continuing demand for upgrading networks to accommodate rapidly increasing bandwidth requirements, plus the need for additional monitoring and testing of the optical fiber networks will drive the steady consumption of fiber optic circulators.
Fiber optic circulators are used with erbium-doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA), fiber optic sensor applications, dense WDM (DWDM), optical add/drop multiplexing (OADM), optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR fiber optic test equipment), SANs (Storage Area Networks), bi-directional transmission systems, dispersion compensators, and other devices.
Market Forecast (2017-2027) This report by ElectroniCast Consultants provides a detailed fiber optic circulator market analysis/review and forecast for each year, 2017-2027. The forecast is presented in terms of Quantity (number of units), Average Selling Prices (ASPs) per unit and Consumption Values. The forecast data for the following regions, plus a Global summary:
- America (South, Central and North America)
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- APAC (Asia Pacific)
The forecasts are presented in the following application segments:
- Private Data Networks
- Cable TV
- Military/ Aerospace
- Specialty Applications (Intra-enclosure, laboratory/instrumentation, industrial, sensors, lasers, biomedical, test/measurements, oil/gas, other)
The fiber optic circulator market is presented by the following port-count configurations:
- 3 - Ports
- 4 - Ports
- More than 4 - Ports (> 4 - Ports)
Market Research Methodology Information Base This study is based on analysis of information obtained continually over the past two decades, but updated through the beginning of June 2018. During this period, ElectroniCast analysts performed interviews with authoritative and representative individuals in the fiber optics, telecommunications, datacom, cable TV and other communication industries, from the standpoint of both suppliers and users of fiber optic transmission links. The interviews were conducted principally with:
- Engineers, marketing personnel and management at manufacturers of fiber optic collimators, specialty fiber, connectors, isolators, couplers, DWDM filter modules, dispersion compensators, photonic switches, attenuators, modulators, transmitters/receivers, OADMs and other related optical communication components.
- Engineers, marketing, purchasing personnel and market planners at major users of passive and active optical components, such as telecommunication transmission, switching, distribution and apparatus equipment, regional and inter-exchange (IXC) telephone companies, alternative local carriers, data communications equipment companies, cable TV system suppliers, military/aerospace OEMs, utilities and a number of other end users of fiber optic communication components and technology.
The interviews covered issues of technology, pricing, contract size, reliability, and documentation, installation/maintenance crafts, standards, supplier competition and other topics. A full review of published information was also performed to supplement information obtained through interviews. The following sources were reviewed:
- Professional technical journals and papers; Trade press articles
- Technical conference proceedings
- Additional information based on previous ElectroniCast market studies, including the Fiber Optic Forecast Service Data Base, the Fiber Optic Cable Forecast, the Optical Amplifier and Component Global Forecast, the Intraenclosure Optical Interconnect Forecast, the Fiber Optic Installation Apparatus Forecast, the Fiber Optic Coupler Forecast, the Fiber Optic Attenuator, Isolator, Filter, Collimators, DWDM, Switch, Optical Add/Drop Multiplexers, Transmitters/Receivers, SONET/SDH, and other related component Market Forecasts
- Personal knowledge of the research team
In analyzing and forecasting the complexities of the Global market for fiber optic communication components, it is essential that the market research team have a good and a deep understanding of the technology and of the industry. ElectroniCast members who participated in this report were qualified.
ElectroniCast forecasts are developed initially at the lowest detail level and then summed to successively higher levels. The background market research focuses on the amount of each type of product used in each application in the base year (2017), and the prices paid at the first transaction from the manufacturer. This forms the base year data. ElectroniCast analysts then forecast the growth rates in component quantity use in each application, along with price trends, based on competitive, economic and technology forecast trends, and apply these to derive long term forecasts at the lowest application levels. The usage growth rate forecasts depend heavily on analysis of overall end user trends toward digital broadband communication equipment usage and economic payback.
Cross-Correlation Increases Accuracy The quantities of fiber optic transmitters/receivers, modulators, isolators, circulators, couplers, DWDM filters, attenuators, optical amplifiers and other optical communication components used in a particular application are interrelated. In addition to fiber optic circulators, ElectroniCast conducts annual analysis and forecast updates in several other components and devices (active and passive), providing accurate current quantity estimates, which are part of the ElectroniCast database. These quantities are cross-correlated as a "sanity check".
ElectroniCast, each year since 1985, has conducted extensive research and updated their forecasts of each fiber optic component category. As technology and applications have advanced, the number of component subsets covered by the forecasts has expanded impressively.
ElectroniCast, founded in 1981, specializes in forecasting technology and global market trends in fiber optics communication components and devices, as well providing market data on light emitting diodes used in lighting.
As an independent consultancy we offer multi-client and custom market research studies to the world's leading companies based on comprehensive, in- depth analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors. This includes technology forecasting, markets and applications forecasting, strategic planning, competitive analysis, customer-satisfaction surveys and marketing/sales consultation. ElectroniCast, founded as a technology-based independent consulting firm, meets the information needs of the investment community, industry planners and related suppliers.
All data and other information contained in this data base are proprietary to ElectroniCast and may not be distributed or provided in either original or reproduced form to anyone outside the client's internal employee organization, without prior written permission of ElectroniCast.
ElectroniCast, in addition to multiple-client programs, conducts proprietary custom studies for single clients in all areas of management planning and interest. Other independent consultants, therefore, are considered directly competitive. ElectroniCast proprietary information may not be provided to such consultants without written permission from ElectroniCast Consultants.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1 Fiber Optic Circulator Market Forecast Overview
2. Technology Overview - Fiber Optic Circulators and Isolators
3. Market Forecasts
- 3.1 Global Overview
- 3.2 America Market Forecast Data Tables
- 3.3 EMEA Market Forecast Data Tables
- 3.4 APAC Market Forecast Data Tables
4. Fiber Optic Circulator Competition
- 4.1 Company Profiles - Selected Fiber Optic Circulator Competitors
- Accelink Technologies Co., Ltd./ WTD
- Advanced Fiber Resources (Zhuhai) Ltd
- AFW Technologies Pty. Ltd.
- Agilecom Fiber Solution
- AGILTRON Inc. (Photowares Corporation)
- Ascentta Inc
- Aviation Megneto Optical Sensor Corporation (AMOS)
- Boston Applied Technologies Incorporated (BATi)
- Clearfield, Inc. Comcore Technologies, Inc, Corning
- Crowntech Photonics
- DK Photonics Technology Limited
- Fiberer Global Tech Ltd.
- Fiberlake Technology Co. Ltd (Shenzhen)
- Fiberon Technologies, Inc.
- Flyin Optronics Co., Ltd.
- General Photonics
- Gezhi Photonics Co., Ltd
- Golight Technology Co., Ltd (Shenzhen)
- Gould Fiber Optics
- Ingellen Technology Company
- Intepon Co. Ltd
- Kamaxoptic communication Co., Ltd. (KOC Group)
- KINSOM Technology Limited
- Lightel Technologies Inc.
- Lightstar Technology Limited (Former: Auda Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Lumentum Operations LLC
- Neptec Optical Solutions
- Newport Corporation
- OF-Link Communications Co., Ltd
- O-Net Communications Limited (Shenzhen Kaifa Technology Co., Ltd)
- Oplink Communications Inc. (Molex)
- OptiWorks, Inc.
- Optizone Technology Limited
- Opto-Link Corporation Limited
- Optosun Technology
- Optowaves Inc.
- OTON Technologies (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd
- OZ Optics Limited
- Photop Technologies, Inc.
- Qbic Laser System Inc.
- Precision Fiber Products, Inc. (PFP)
- Reliable Photonics
- Senko Advanced Components, Inc.
- Thorlabs (OFR)
- ZG Technology (Shenzhen), Company, Ltd
- 4.2 Fiber Optic Circulator Competition: Market Share Estimates (2017)
- 5.1 ElectroniCast Research and Analysis Methodology
- 5.2 Assumptions of Fiber Optic Component Global Market Forecast
6. Market Forecast Data Base - Overview and Tutorial
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 Tutorial
List of Figures
- 1.1.1 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulator Application
- 1.1.2 Fiber Optic Circulator Use in DWDM/OADM Application
- 1.1.3 Polarization Maintaining Optical Circulator
- 2.1 Functional principle of a nano-roundabout
- 2.2 Brillouin Scattering-Induced Transparency in a Series of Silica Microresonators
- 2.3 Configuration and Operation Illustration of 3-Port Optical Circulator
- 2.4 Polarization Change in PANDA Fiber
- 2.5 Panda Fiber - Profile
- 2.6 Bow-Tie Fiber Geometry
- 2.7 Polarization Maintaining Fiber Isolator
- 2.8 Micro-Fiber Isolator
- 2.9 Drawing of Forward Direction Through an Isolator
- 2.10 Absorbing or Displacing Light Propagating in the Reverse Direction
- 2.11 All-Fiber Isolator: Faraday Rotation of Light
- 2.12 Phase Matching Result: Fiber PBL, Wavelength and Temperature
- 2.13 Laser setup and mode-locker assembly using fiber optic isolators
- 4.1.1 Polarization Maintaining Optical Circulator (Dimensions)
- 4.1.2 Fiber Optic Discrete Circulator
- 4.1.3 1550nm Optical Isolator - Single / Dual Stage
- 4.1.4 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulator
- 4.1.5 Fiber Optic Circulator
- 4.1.6 Polarization Insensitive Circulator
- 4.1.7 Product Coverage
- 4.1.8 Product Coverage
- 4.1.9 Fiber Optic Circulator
- 4.1.10 Fiber Optic Circulator
- 4.1.11 Locations
- 4.1.12 Fiber Optic Circulator
- 5.1 Market Research & Forecasting Methodology
List of Tables
- 1.1.1 Fiber Optic Circulator Global Forecast, By Region ($, Million)
- 1.1.2 Fiber Optic Circulator Global Forecast, By Application ($, Million)
- 1.1.3 Fiber Optic Circulator Global Forecast, By Port-Count ($, Million)
- 3.1.1 Fiber Optic Circulator Global Forecast, By Application ($, Million)
- 3.1.2 Fiber Optic Circulator Global Forecast, By Application (Quantity/Units)
- 3.1.3 ElectroniCast Market Forecast Fiber Optic Circulator Component Categories
- 3.1.4 ElectroniCast Market Forecast Fiber Optic Circulator Application Categories
- 3.1.5 Global Total Consumption Forecast: Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.1.6 Global Total Consumption Forecast: 3-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.1.7 Global Total Consumption Forecast: 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.1.8 Global Total Consumption Forecast: >4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.2.1 Fiber Optic Circulator America Forecast, By Application ($, Million)
- 3.2.2 Fiber Optic Circulator America Forecast, By Application (Quantity/Units)
- 3.2.3 America Total Consumption Forecast: Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.2.4 America Total Consumption Forecast: 3-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.2.5 America Total Consumption Forecast: 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.2.6 America Total Consumption Forecast: >4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.3.1 Fiber Optic Circulator EMEA Forecast, By Application ($, Million)
- 3.3.2 Fiber Optic Circulator EMEA Forecast, By Application (Quantity/Units)
- 3.3.3 EMEA Total Consumption Forecast: Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.3.4 EMEA Total Consumption Forecast: 3-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.3.5 EMEA Total Consumption Forecast: 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.3.6 EMEA Total Consumption Forecast: >4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.4.1 Fiber Optic Circulator APAC Forecast, By Application ($, Million)
- 3.4.2 Fiber Optic Circulator APAC Forecast, By Application (Quantity/Units)
- 3.4.3 APAC Total Consumption Forecast: Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.4.4 APAC Total Consumption Forecast: 3-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.4.5 APAC Total Consumption Forecast: 4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.4.6 APAC Total Consumption Forecast: >4-Port Fiber Optic Circulators (Value, Quantity, ASPs)
- 3.4.7 Countries Classified in the APAC Region
- 4.2.1 2017 Estimate - Fiber Optic Circulator Leading Competitors - Market Share (%)
- 6.1 Fiber Optic Circulator Data Base Categories, by Component Type
- 6.2 Fiber Optic Circulator Data Base Categories, by Application
EXCEL - Data Base Spreadsheets
- Complete Market Forecast
- Data Tables